This is the Message Centre for Researcher 195767

Both believers and unbelievers are fools.

Post 101

Mal

Gah, he has his views and they are valid. Besides, I'm sure I wouldn't be nearly so tolerant if I'd never talked to him.

Post 102

Ste

"Gah, he has his views and they are valid"

Oooh, don't let him hear you say that, logic is evil by the way, didn't you know? I don't think his views are valid whatsoever. That is unless you see all opinions/beliefs as valid in their own right, in that case Hitler's veiws were valid.

"I'm sure I wouldn't be nearly so tolerant if I'd never talked to him."

He's had the opposite effect on me. The only thing I do not tolerate is intolerance (in Justin's case: racism, homophobia, mysogyny,religious hate-speech) and Justin is one of the most shockingly awful people I have ever come across. Justin seems to be the only h2g2 member who can get away with blatant bigotry on this site.

Stesmiley - mod

Post 103

Mal

Oh, it's YOU, Ste. I ran into you when I first came to Hootoo, and haven't spoken since. Anyway...
Why shouldn't all beliefs be valid? Who's to say that we have more grounding in reality than Justin?
I do not tolerate intolerance, but since (as far as I know,) Justin does not practice intolerance, he merely preaches it, there's no real problem. And since his beliefs are so different to the majority, no one would really take him seriously anyway, so what's the problem?

Post 104

Researcher 195767

Mal,

Yes, it is a particular event. No new birth and you are not a child of God, and you do not belong in His family.

J.

Post 105

Mal

Dammit, someone's being premoderated (I'm placing little bets with myself over whether it's Ste or Justin). I wonder how long these things usually take.

Post 106

Researcher 195767

Mal,

It is me who is being pre-moderated. It does not take too long and there are advantages I have discovered. Patience mon brave!

J.

Post 107

Mal

This is getting annoying.

Post 108

Mal

Ah, there we go. Hello, Justin. I am coming to understand more and more fully.
What kinds of advantages could there be? I apologise for my lack of patience.

Post 109

Ste

Hi Mal,

"Why shouldn't all beliefs be valid?"

True, but some beliefs result in millions slaughtered whilst others promote coexistance. They all might be valid, but some are desirable in civilised society whilst others are not. Islamic fundamentalists are a good example.

"Who's to say that we have more grounding in reality than Justin?"

Apart from any clinical reasons, we can never say for sure. But if all beliefs are valid then why have beliefs.

"I do not tolerate intolerance, but since (as far as I know,) Justin does not practice intolerance, he merely preaches it, there's no real problem."

Apart from that preaching racial hatred is illegal in the UK? And if he were in a position to practice his preaching, in light of his "problems", do you think he wouldn't act upon them?

"And since his beliefs are so different to the majority, no one would really take him seriously anyway, so what's the problem?"

That's a good point. I don't know what the problem is really. I think it might be because I can't stand to think another human being exists that behaves and "thinks" like Justin, so I have an interest in him. I suppose I ultimately want him re-re-born. A kind of born-again normal person.

I once saw a great bumper sticker in Portland, OR, that said "Instead of being born again, why don't you just grow up". I want to see Justin grow up. Futile, but entertaining nontheless.

Me? Premoderated?! Why on smiley - earth would I be premodded? I've only ever been moderated because of things I said about Justin, and that happens rarely and because the moderators behave differently when Justin is involved.

smiley - ok

Stesmiley - mod

Post 110

Mal

Ste
Well, civilisation is only the mean between all extremist points of view anyway.
I haven't seen Justin preach any kind of intolerance that the average Sun reader wouldn't condone. Not that that says much, of course smiley - biggrin.

"I suppose I ultimately want him re-re-born..."
And the great irony is, he wants the same of you! It will be interesting to see which of you, if any, wins out.

"Me? Premoderated?!..."
Of course, the clever money was on Justin.

Post 111

azahar

<>

And the difference is . . . ? smiley - erm

Justin 'preaches' intolerance because it seems to be what he is (since this is the name of the thread). And I think he should have the option of free speech, but so should anyone else who happens to disagree with him. However, Justin seems to believe that only he should be allowed free speech.

az

*waves to Ste*

Post 112

Ste

Mal,

"Well, civilisation is only the mean between all extremist points of view anyway."

Civilisation is 2 Standard Deviations, not the mean. The extremists are only a tiny fragment.

"I haven't seen Justin preach any kind of intolerance that the average Sun reader wouldn't condone."

I have.

"And the great irony is, he wants the same of you!"

Not really. I want him to become human again by facing up to his responsibilities and admitting he made mistakes in his past. He doesn't need to resort to this kind of blanket denial of his history, it can only lead to more harm.

I can't work out what he wants from me, because it seems we don't choose to get reborn anyway, we are chosen from up high, like lucky ol' Justin ("Oh! Praise be, look how *special* I am!"). So Justin is rather pointless in this whole matter.

"It will be interesting to see which of you, if any, wins out."

Ummm, did you seriously ask that? smiley - winkeye

Stesmiley - mod

Post 113

Mal

If Justin preaches intolerance, and it doesn't effect anyone, what's the problem? And if both groups (namely, Justin and everybody else) are equally intolerant of eachother, where is the problem?

Post 114

Mal

Ste
"I have."
Examples?

I'm sure Justin would prefer that you were a good Christian and were reborn and chosen.

Post 115

Ste

"Examples?"

All the juicy ones have been moderated. But he has said some truly disgusting things about homosexuals. Oh, and he doesn't really hold back for Catholics either. I think he's said some anti-semitic things too. There are other things he has said to other groups, but when it comes down to it his belief tells him that everyone else that isn't him will burn in eternity, not the *nicest*, most civilised thing in the world, huh?

"I'm sure Justin would prefer that you were a good Christian and were reborn and chosen."

If I actually *was* and told him he wouldn't believe me. Nor would he believe anyone else. He's *special* you see. Chosen. Pathetic.

Stesmiley - mod

Post 116

Mal

I've seen him acknowledge some other born-again Christians.

"he doesn't really hold back for Catholics"
Who does? Anyway, the other things are all things that the Sun readers seem to agree with.

Post 117

Researcher 524695

Somehow I don't think Sun readers would agree with his oft-stated hatred against all television, all films, and all women with short hair. smiley - huh

Post 118

logicus tracticus philosophicus

can i sugest a visit here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A1052768
not that i condone that sort of thing , allthough methods used by the church

God's people are the only sensible ones

Post 119

Researcher 195767

Mal,

This is not some hypothesis where you compare advantages and disadvantages and choose, you know. If you are born again you know the living God. If you are not, you are either a religious or irreligious item on the conveyor belt to a lake of fire.

What could there be more wonderful than knowing the Person who made you, and finding out that you are individually chosen and special to Him, as are all His children?

j.

God's people are the only sensible ones

Post 120

azahar

<>

And you never once thought to ask 'why me?', Justin? What do you think makes you so special that *you* would be individually chosen by God?

az

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Researcher 195767

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more