This is the Message Centre for Tobias Vaughn

welcome Tobias...

Post 1

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

hi Tobias..smiley - smiley..welcome to h2g2..thanks for the warning about the wobbly panel..i'm emmily..one of the many ACEs'..(Assistant Community Editors)..we're here to offer you a warm welcome..advice & links to help you find your way around..you can click on any of the numbered links below..
have a..smiley - ale..or..smiley - stiffdrink..put your feet up..&..let your fingers do the walking..
you might like to start at our welcome page..@ A53146
or hitch a ride on our tour..@ A317459
want to know abut the smileys i've used?..loads more to choose from..@ A155909
the slang used here can be a bit confusing..h2jargon explains all..@ A632431
you an spice up your space using what is available through h2g2..find out more..@ A690518
2..ACEs'.have created hints & links for new researchers..Feisors'..@ A719840 .. 7..Rocket Mans'..@ A745887
like any community we have clubs & societies..find out about these..@ A660340
hope you find these helpful..&..you enjoy your time here..smiley - biggrin..

(creeps quietly past the guard & leaves the office)

emmily
smiley - rose

welcome Tobias...

Post 2

Tobias Vaughn

How very courteous! It is a pleasure to e-meet you, Emmily. I was alerted to this site by a colleague and thought it might be a fun place to visit. There is quite a lot to take in, so I am very grateful for your tour there.

T.

welcome Tobias...

Post 3

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

hi again..smiley - smiley..pleasure to e-meet you too..glad to be of assistance..it's amazing how vast the world of h2g2 is..smiley - wow..

emmily
smiley - rose

welcome Tobias...

Post 4

smiley - doh..sorry..error correction..
Rocket Mans' links page is..@ A725500

emmily
smiley - rose

welcome Tobias...

Post 5

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

Hi Tobias! smiley - cheers

I'm Otto, and I'm a scout. That means I hang around in peer review, make quasi-useful comments and do various other technical things involving picking entries for the guide etc etc.

Anyway, I saw your post in the "Internet Relationships" thread, and as you said it was your first post in peer review, I thought I'd drop by, particulary as no-one had responded to your comment.

What you said was really helpful - I hope you'll be making more comments soon! I think it's one of the most important things to be done around here, honing entries to readiness for the guide. Although peer review is important, it's not a formal place - not like an academic peer review!

Best wishes smiley - smiley

Otto

welcome Tobias...

Post 6

Tobias Vaughn

Many thanks for your comment, Otto, and apologies for getting back to you so late. I have been experiencing e-mail difficulties, but they are thankfully over now.

I look forward to indulging in the site in more detail.

TB

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tobias Vaughn

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more