This is the Message Centre for Existential Elevator

Music

Post 1

MAD Jon

Just popped inrto your space (can't help feeing that somehow an invasion of privicy) but noted your ref to music Does Roy/Nick Harper mean anything to you or Nick Drake? By the way Spirit in The Sky has been killed NO MURDERED.

Music

Post 2

Existential Elevator

Hmmm.......The Harper part rings a bell...Could you throw me clue<?> smiley - smiley

Spirit in the Sky has been crucified. I actually quite liked the original. At least, I liked the band's clothes smiley - winkeye
smiley - ermApart from the hair smiley - yuk

Music

Post 3

MAD Jon

Sorry for the delay in responding I haven't been on line for a couple of days.

There is a Ben Harper who is popular but I only know this from looking under Harper in record shops.

Roy Harper is what can only be described as an old hippy. Acouplee of his better known songs are I hate the white man (he is white Ben is black) & One man rock and roll band. He plays Folksy/Rocky accoustic guiter music with poetical lyrics. Led Zep have a song called Hats off to Roy Harper.

Nick is his son and has a similar style but a bit more modern. I took a couple of friends to a Nick Gig, they had only previously heard Roy and were a bit lukewarm but to their own surprise loved Nick.

On the subjevt of spirit there was a version iin the sixties and then the one in the eighties. I can't remember the band in either case but
they were both one hit wonders. Shame the third one isn't.

Music

Post 4

Existential Elevator

smiley - wow I'll have to keep an eye out....I think I might have recognised it from a Led Zepplin album.....

Aaah....now the version I've heard was the 80s one by, I think it was, Doctor and the Medics. They had seriously big hair. You couldn't have backcombed it any more...

It is a shame. We can only hope the public will get bored of him eventually.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Existential Elevator

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more