This is the Message Centre for psychocandy-moderation team leader

(PC)

Post 1

psychocandy-moderation team leader

My office building is just two buildings over, then across the street. My office is on the 27th floor of our building, with a really good view of the front of the Civic Opera House. I start work between 6 and 6:30 AM, and have my blinds wide open in the mornings. Suffice it to say a few of us Saw Things Happen. Things involving a person, and a tarp, and a lot of water.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1505758,w-civic-opera-house-fall-040109.article

I'm OK- not traumatized or anything. Just sad, really.

(PC)

Post 2

van-smeiter

Glad it hasn't shaken you up too much, PC. It certainly sounds like something that would get me down if I'd seen it smiley - hug

(PC)

Post 3

Ivan the Terribly Average

Oh dear.

If this was in fact deliberate - well, I can only assume she wanted to be completely certain of the outcome.

I'm sorry you saw what you saw.

(PC)

Post 4

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Ukk.

(PC)

Post 5

Christopher

Like you haven't witnessed enough. So sorry PC.

Chris

(PC)

Post 6

Malabarista - now with added pony

smiley - yikessmiley - cuddle

(PC)

Post 7

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Ouch - not fun.

smiley - hug

smiley - dragon

(PC)

Post 8

I hope I don't sound like a freak if I say the sight of blood doesn't upset me as much as seeing the bits beforehand. And the scariest thing is hoping no one else gets hit. Our office is far enough away it was more sort of a vague thing going on.

At the risk of sounding like an even bigger freak, for the first few minutes, a few other people and I at first wondered if it was someone's sick idea of an April Fool's joke.

(PC)

Post 9

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

That's not freaky... That's just your mind trying to make sense of what happened

smiley - cuddle

(PC)

Post 10

aka Bel - A87832164

Very sorry you had to witness that. smiley - hug

(PC)

Post 11

Today I got to see someone take a poo on the train platform. That was fairly unsettling as well.

Honestly, I don't need this much excitement in my mornings.

(PC)

Post 12

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Oh Yuck! smiley - yuk

(PC)

Post 13

Do be aware of trauma kicking in afterwards, mind. Happened to my brother-in-law after he had to pick up body parts around Lockerbie.

(PC)

Post 14

I think I'm OK, but I'll be careful.

(PC)

Post 15

Well you're doing the right thing by ventilating. But take care all the same.

(PC)

Post 16

Will do. Thanks. smiley - hug

(PC)

Post 17

Jemstone

Bloomin' eck PC, I think all I can say is ICK! I do hope you are ok honey. I can totally understand why some of you may have thought it an April Fools joke - I think I would have too.

Sending love over the water to you!

(PC)

Post 18

zendevil

smiley - cuddle

So sorry you had to witness this, PC wooh. Whilst i believe in an indivuals right to choose to end their life, i feel they should take into consideration the possible effects it has on bystanders.

zdt

(PC)

Post 19

Well...in fairness, Terri, they may not e thinking right at the time.

(PC)

Post 20

zendevil

Very true, Ed.

zdt

Key: Complain about this post