This is the Message Centre for psychocandy-moderation team leader

Not really productive, but whatever (PC)

Post 21

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Damn, for those who don't know (anyone besides Ed, I guess), Devon Ave is an east-west boulevard that runs through a predominantly Indian neighborhood, with a decent Pakistani population as well, so there are heaps of Indo-Pak grocers and restaurants, and lots of Sari, Bollywood video, wholesale cookwares, jewelry and Islamic bookshops.

Post 22

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

I'm having a real nice dinner just now: steak, potatoes, peppers and tomatoes baked in the oven, mushroom sauce, stawberry and chili chutney, together with black currant lemonade. Just yummy! smiley - ok

My treat after grocery shopping, doing a lot of other errands, laundry, house cleaning and recycling.

smiley - dragon

Post 23

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Ah! Looks like the dump is 50m outside the Street View range.

Post 24

Black currant lemonade. smiley - drool

Post 25

Sho - employed again!

smiley - wah I want an Indian supermarket smiley - wah

we have leftover pancakes for breakfast...

Post 26

Malabarista - now with added pony

I still have three fairly good Asian food shops available for the next week, Sho, so if there's anything you want me to send you...

Post 27

Sho - employed again!

Thanks - actually I order online with my Korean colleagues, there's a pretty good Asian shop close to us which delivers for free.
smiley - magic

Post 28

That's nice! Free delivery is a good thing.

Post 29

You've not watched 'In The Thick Of It' yet, have you, PC? Still - I think you'll like the poster for its spin-off, 'In The Loop'.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2009/mar/04/clip-in-the-loop-armando-iannucci

There's an excerpt there, too - which I've not watched - but I like the warning under it: 'Contains exotic swearing'.

Post 30

No, I haven't had the chance to see the program at all. But yes, the poster is funny!

I'll have to watch the excerpt from home later.

Currently, stress levels are at critical mass. Our kitchen sink faucet broke again and we haven't yet been abot to contact our friend who can handle plumbing to repair it again (he did it last time). I'm going to have to wash my dainties in the bathtub when I get home because I can't get the connector for the washer to hook up to the bathroom sink or tub (though I may try again when I'm not so flustered). Took some stuff to the basement only to find the landlord has changed the lock. he didn't give us a key because we don't wash our clothes down there. Maybe not, but our smiley - bleeping circuit breaker is down there. So, now the long wait for a key. If we manage to pop a circuit sometime between now and whenever he gets around to it, and can't get to the box to reset it, I am going to be livid.

Post 31

"abot"? ABLE. Cleaning crew knocked my keyboard tray out of alignment again.

Post 32

The poster's even funnier when you get to know the character. Classic line:

'Come the smiley - bleep in or smiley - bleep the smiley - bleep off!'

Post 33

Sounds like my kind of greeting. smiley - evilgrin

Post 34

Other gems:

'I'm going to shove that phone right up your arse and use my fist to access speed dial'

and

'I'm really sorry, you won't hear any more swearing from us, YOU MASSIVE GAY SHITE! smiley - bleep off!'

Post 35

van-smeiter

Ed- Is that the comedy about politics with Peter Capaldi? It is very funny.

PC- I prefer to wash my "dainties" in the handbasin because it's the perfect height and precludes uncomfortable crouching. Mind you, I do have the advantage of having male "dainties"! smiley - winkeyesmiley - whistle

Key: Complain about this post