A Conversation for Idaho, USA

Birds of Prey

Post 1

Ciaroscuro

One might think that there was nothing to see in Idaho... at least I did when I went to college and was faced with spending the summer there instead of going home. It is however a really interesting place for watching Birds of Prey. I especially liked going out to Swan Falls and watching Prairie Falcon's skimming along a magnificent cliff face that overlooks the river.

Please if you are ever there - visit the Birds of Prey Center jsust outside of Boise. It is wonderful, and has some excellent research going on. Idaho may not have a lot of people or necessarily great night life... It does have amazing places to camp and explore and If you are adventurous and inquisitive people will help you find them

C

Birds of Prey

Post 2

Wayfarer

Thank You! Idaho is indeed a treasure trove of surprising beauty. I myself have more than once joked that Boise is thirteen shades of brown (one for each month and a special one for Christmas). Then I started looking around and found many wonders right in my own back yard.

Besides the cultural diversity and festivals, there are many hidden sights just beyond the next rise, in almost any direction. Just northeast of the city is a large lake for recreating and you can navigate the Boise river on an inner-tube as it flows right through the middle of downtown.

Be sure to see the Birds of Prey site. They do a very important job of preserving one of natures precious resources and would love to help you learn more.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more