This is the Message Centre for Flying Betty- Now with added nickname tag!

I am an idiot

Post 1

Flying Betty- Now with added nickname tag!

Somehow I managed to leave my dorm room (I "officially" had to be out of there last Thursday, by the way) for a week with the window open and the stupid folding screen in it. I decided to go to bed early for once in my life and thought I'd close the window so no more bugs would get in, so what happens? The outside of the screen is COVERED in bugs and they're all flying around my room. This does not make me happy at all. I ran out and bought some bug spray and a fly swatter, but if I use the bug spray it'll be another hour at least before I can possibly sleep in there and I'm not sure if I can find a place to crash. I managed to lure most of the bugs out but there's still enough to be slightly uncomfortable. I'll probably just sleep with my mattress on the floor (my bed is right up against the window, of course) and deal with bug spray in the morning. GAAA!

I am an idiot

Post 2

Tacysa

Bug fondue?

I am an idiot

Post 3

ooh, great idea! Especially as I don't really have much to eat here. I'll definitely have to look into that one.

I am an idiot

Post 4

MuseSusan

Eek! I'm going to have nightmares! I have to keep the windows open because the dorms here are not air conditioned and I had no idea New York could get so humid. And my roommate keeps opening the screens in a mistaken attempt to let in more air. Now I'm all creepy-feeling!

I am an idiot

Post 5

Tacysa

Mmmmm, bug fondue...maybe chocolate covered?

I am an idiot

Post 6

Ahh, summer in New York! Yeah, it does get pretty humid up there but the heat usually isn't bad. Granted, most buildings don't have air conditioning, so you learn to enjoy it with the window shades down to cool things off. Granted, you shouln't have major bug problems unless you do something dumb like I did. Just leave the screen in. My solution ultimately was to throw the buggy things out the window, pretend they fell, and go get them later once all the bugs flew away.

No, bugs go better with peanut butter sauce. Personal preference, of course.

I am an idiot

Post 7

MuseSusan

I actually ate one of those cricket lolipops you find in natural history museums once. The whole thing!

I am an idiot

Post 8

Wow, that's dedication! Was this on purpose?

I am an idiot

Post 9

MuseSusan

I tend to do stupid but harmless things like that when I get bored. It didn't taste great, but it didn't taste too bad, either. smiley - smiley

I am an idiot

Post 10

darakat - Now with pockets!

A bit like cucumber in that respect

I am an idiot

Post 11

What, stupid but harmless? Sounds like me, too.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Flying Betty- Now with added nickname tag!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more