This is the Message Centre for Serephina

Anyone would think I was blonde..

Post 1

Serephina

..smiley - winkeye

Genie and I were invited to a girls night in last friday by Ellie and her sister. It was a nice night and I hadn't been out for a while so the change of scene was good too. Though of course I had to completely disgrace myself after a couple of glasses of smiley - redwine by doing the most spectacular flying spanner in the carpark on the way home and landing with a very large bump. unfortunately no one had a camera. smiley - laugh

I think the sprained knee is going to put a stop to my plans for world domination for a while..

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - hugsmiley - injuredsmiley - cheerup

I'm looking forward to disgracing myself a week on Saturdaysmiley - winkeye

Post 3

Serephina

I'll be having to see how my knee n some other things are

Next weekend we're taking our birthday boys out for the afternoon n that tends to take a fair bit of recovery too smiley - laugh

Post 4

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Ooh a sprained knee. Can I have one?...

Oh, that's right, I already have. Knackered the buggar gardening last weekend (I hadn't had a drop, honest guv'nr smiley - winkeye)

Post 5

Steve51

You can have my knee along with the four cartilage tears....still waiting surgery....

smiley - cheers

Stephen

Post 6

It's gotta be better than mine, Ste smiley - senior

Post 7

Steve51

Hiya Mag, you got knee trouble too then...it's annoying. But talking of blondes, as per the subject of this conversation, I have 5 grandaughters, all blondes, and a sixth born last Wednesday, so don't know if she will be blonde, probably will I suppose.....smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Most annoying, Ste smiley - bruised

I can't even get comfy in bed! smiley - wah (particularly when ickle one - aged four - decides he can't sleep anymore in his own bed smiley - erm.

I burgered it a while back, and just can't help sitting cross-legged (physio says that's *so* wrongsmiley - rofl)

Ah well, zimmer frame for me next...

Post 9

Steve51

Send him to a Hotel for the night!. Just joking, of course...smiley - smiley

I have the same problem as you, sitting cross-legged, so my sympathies to you. I ignore my physio anyway, and do the opposite to his instructions.

Can we have a Zimmer Frame Race?

smiley - magic

Post 10

You'd win, Ste smiley - smiley

Thank the goddess, I have two handrails for my stairs! smiley - rofl

Post 11

Steve51

smiley - rofl...luckily my flat is single story, so I dont have to go up and down stairs...

Post 12

zendevil

Ah ha, is this the Knee thread?

*Hobbles in.

If it ends up needing surgery (& i sincerely hope it doesn't!) my experience is that it isn't as scary as i feared & amazingly, it does seem to work. Highly unlikely "aprés une certain age" that anyone gets back perfectly working knee, but at least you can walk again. I walked 2.5 km today, before the op i would have been struggling to do 2.5 metres!

The "getting comfy in bed" thing i found the solution is putting a cushion under it. Stairs are a pain, coming down is worse than going up.

The good news is that no matter what, you will *always* find a way of dancing, especially when smiley - drunk; who cares if you look stoopid, just gosmiley - nahnah & keep hopping around!smiley - biggrin

zdt

Post 13

Serephina

Poorly knee seems to be getting better now, though I swear the more the swelling goes down the more it hurts smiley - bruised

This place seem to go all quiet if I post lately.. Do I need a new deodorant or something? smiley - winkeye

Post 14

Brown Eyed Girl

I'm only 17 and I have buggered knees - comes of 13 years of ballet.

Post 15

Steve51

smiley - yikes, BEG, my first born grandaughter goes to dance classes 4 days a week. She is only 8, and doing ballet, funk, some another dance style, and showgroup(which is for the better ones). She can't stop dancing, and yes she is blonde!!!!

Post 16

Brown Eyed Girl

When I was eight I was doing 2 ballet classes a week, one tap class and one modern class, plus practise at home. When I was twelve I was doing four ballet classes a week, one tap and one modern, plus practise at home. I fell off pointe when I was 14 or 15, twisted my knee and it's not been the same since.

Post 17

Steve51

I won't mention any of this to Hayley Jane, as she is fanatical about her dancing....but she is worried like mad about my stupid knee. Surgery next Tuesday, and she wants to be there!

Post 18

My knee is *still* totally buggared, thank you for asking smiley - smiley

Do you think we ought to get Serephina some Mitchum? smiley - rofl

Only joshing smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post