This is the Message Centre for Serephina

Saturday..

Post 141

A Super Furry Animal

Not all companies are looking for experience. The more far-sighted ones (I exclude the one I w**k for in this description) will actually recruit graduates straight from university and train them up. The ungrateful sods usually work for the company for about 2 years, then get a much better-paid job with a company looking for someone with "experience".

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Saturday..

Post 142

Ged42

you don't happen to know the names of any of these companies RF?

Saturday..

Post 143

A Super Furry Animal

Did they not do a "milk round" when you were at uni? they usually do it to try to attract the final-year students and bag them before they get snapped up by other companies. The ones I know are in financial services, because that's the area I'm in, but I'm sure media companies must operate similarly?

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Saturday..

Post 144

Ged42

We did have an exhibition in Islington last July, where people were meant to come round and snap us up. But it was the same week as the tube bombings, so hardly anyone came. smiley - sadface

Saturday..

Post 145

Serephina

Hmm yes the exhibition smiley - cross

Saturday..

Post 146

Serephina

smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Serephina

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more