Let's start with the year...

Post 1

Beatrice

..and I'll post about the decade later.

Here's the compulsory Youtube highlights of 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ybm_34vUM&feature=youtube_gdata

Song of the year: Changes - Daniel Merryweather
Film of the Year: - Slumdog Millionaire
Best Moment: - the diamond ring of the total eclipse in China.
Worst moment: - arriving at the conclusion that Roger and I cannot continue living together.

It's been a terrific year for family celebrations - my son's 18th (and my nephew's). Mum and Dad's Golden anniversary, for which I wrote a song, sister gaining her PhD, daughter getting fab reports from school,(for which she got taken to London), son going to university in London, daughter starring in school production of Blood Brothers, and wowing the audiences in Guys and Dolls. Getting to see the amazing country that is China, and dancing on the Great Wall. Standing on top of the tower in Frankfurt. Meeting my old friends back in Luxembourg for a super show of Millie. Getting new bike and riding it to Scotland (and dropping it, just the once, but amazingly being able to pick it up)

Ending the year by making a present to myself of a deposit on an apartment near school, where J and I will make our home for 6 months. And rejoining the gym, determined to lose the 2 stone I've put on since stopping smoking.

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

I think the year has been a mixed one for most of us, and it looks as if there is some sort of balance, no matter what bad things occur.

I hope the balance will got up for you next year (and I'm grateful you didn't mention that I managed to get us lost in Sachsenhausen smiley - winkeye).

Here's to a good one for you and your children.

smiley - bubbly

Post 3

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

I fell in love (with my boyfriend and a skinny Scottish fella by the name of David Tennant), flew a lot, made it through college [I think] and got very drunk. How's that? Haha. Hope the year picks up for all.

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

Oh Bea, that was an up and down year for you!

I hope 2010 is - well, more peaceful and quiet for starters!

Post 5

Woodpigeon

Beatrice - my best wishes to you and your family for the New Year. May it be a good one.

smiley - bubblysmiley - hug

Post 6

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

smiley - bubblya happy new year to you and yours for 2010,smiley - bubbly
-
new year, and decade, so time for a change, no smiley - dragon now smiley - sheepsmiley - blacksheep couldnt make my mind up lol, jimbo, no b.

Post 7

KB

Ohhh, an eventful year! I hope the holidays were long enough to rest and get ready for all the thrills and spills of this one!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beatrice

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more