This is the Message Centre for beetle, return of

TMBG backstage

Post 1

beetle, return of

Last Friday, I offered my services to the county of Fairfax, specificly to work at Bud Stage. My favorite music group, They Might Be Giants, was playing there. Through several advancments, I ended up working security for the concert. I was only able to work one day, and I wish I had been available for the other two. I enjoyed listening to the band, as well as controlling limited access sections. This is only my fifth concert of theirs I've attended, but have only had to purchace a ticket for two of those. In previous occasions, I have been on the guest list, rode on the tour bus, and even been a bodyguard for one of the Johns. I've had my share of fun with them, and I look foward to the concert this sunday in Central Park.

Do they pay Minimum Wage?

Post 2

Global Village Idiot

Sounds great! I love their inventiveness, and I thought Flood was a terrific album - did you ever try putting "Istanbul Not Constantinople" on a pub's juke-box?

In fact, I think I'll go and play it now...

Post 3

beetle, return of

They didn't pay anything. We don't have pubs here in the states. Well, we do. But they are fake.

Post 4

Global Village Idiot

Sorry, I meant play smiley - smiley

Post 5

beetle, return of

No, not minimum wage. But they did play Shoehorn with teeth twice. The first time was normal, with one of the Dans on a glockenspeil. The second time was introduced as "what Shoehorn with Teeth would sound like on a cheap Sony cd player, that has been fast fowarded". They played Shoehorn in 1/4th the normal time, blurring the words. It was a great effect. Hopefully I can video tape them in Central Park Sunday.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for beetle, return of

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more