This is the Message Centre for Chairperson of the Black Hole Escape Committee (They don't let me out much)

Engineer

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I'm "familiar" with Warp Drive regulators... Remember that inside-out starship that won the 2442 Turner Prize? That was one of mine... smiley - erm

Do I get the job? smiley - grovel

Engineer

Post 2

Chairperson of the Black Hole Escape Committee (They don't let me out much)

Hi Peet,

We welcome you aboard.

You certainly seem to qualify as engineer despite no mention of ale pumps or cappacino machines .

But let's face it we haven;t had any better offers

and you sound like just the person for the job....

Welcome aboard.

Engineer

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

re: Ale Pumps, I find it easiest to take the hose off the tap and just suck real hard! I'm more of a smiley - cider man myself, though...smiley - drunksmiley - cheers

Engineer

Post 4

Gee, they're right about how slowly time passes around here... smiley - yawn

Engineer

Post 5

Hx

Now the reason for time passing so slowly is that the nice people at royal mail made a lot of the people who were part of the committee redundant and therefore computer-less. Most of us got *real* jobs where we weren't allowed to spend all day posting on h2g2.

I've only just been able to get back and I found I wasn't able to log in using my old details. I was formerly Chairperson of the Black Hole Escape Committee (user id 189789)

Perhaps as Chief engineer you could tell me if there is any possible way to correct this? Or is that outside your remit?

If it's not possible I could just reappoint myself in a totally non-democratic way as chairperson...

Also Peej may need to form his own escape plan as he got married in April (to me, poor fool).

Engineer

Post 6

You need to double-check your old details; they should still work. Did you have any capital letters in there? Both the username and password are case-sensitive... Once you get in, you'll probably have to answer a few questions to "update" your account as they changed the registration system just over a year ago.

Oh, and remember that your screen name is usually different to your user name. smiley - geek

Do you still have the same email address you did when you registered? If you head over to "The Hub" and ask someone nicely they might email you out a fresh copy of your user details...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/hub/Feedback

HTH

Engineer

Post 7

Hx

Thanks Peet. Unfortunatly I can't remember my user name and the email I used was a work one and I no longer work there.

Time for a new start anyway I think.

I still can't think what we're escaping from or why but I still reckon we can do it (and peej has a new mini, but we might need you to pop round and look at the brakes....)

Key: Complain about this post