A Conversation for Stanley Hauerwas, Theologian

Peer Review: A689420 - Stanley Hauerwas, Theologian

Post 1

KendallHorse

Entry: Stanley Hauerwas, Theologian - A689420
Author: Sciefyr - U189405

It might seem that including a theologian in the guide is needlessly arcane; however, I believe Hauerwas is a worthwhile inclusion for three reasons:
a) He deals in Theological Ethics, which is "applied theology", which is relevant for everyone, as opposed to the more theoretical branches of theology.
b) He is probably the most high profile among all modern theologians, having been profiled as "America's Best Theologian" in TIME Magazine. (Debates about its intellectual level aside, TIME is high profile.)
c) Now that i've written this article, 'twould be a pity to waste it... smiley - winkeye

So please, tell me what you think!

A689420 - Stanley Hauerwas, Theologian

Post 2

THE KID

I not much of an Editor. Well I suppose it's my duty to complete.
Maybe some Quote's that shows the essence of his book. not to comdemn but to assist.
The KID

Post 3

KendallHorse

Hmmm... That might be an idea, but aren't there copyright issues? Anyone know official BBC policy?

Post 4

taliesin

Brief quotes, for the purpose of explanation and elucidation are perfectly acceptable. In this case, they are very nearly indispensable, IMHO smiley - smiley

Post 5

Wayfarer-- I only wish I were crackly

Congratulations! You’ll be glad to know that we think your entry is great, and that it has been accepted for inclusion in the Edited Guide. It has now gone into the editorial process, and is on it’s way to becoming an Edited entry. When it gets in, you’ll get an email letting you know, but please remember that it can take awhile for this to happen. Thanks for writing for the Guide(and for submitting this to PR)!smiley - biggrinsmiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more