This is the Message Centre for Hoovooloo

Quote of the day... by me.

Post 1

Hoovooloo

I'm on the front page of h2g2 today, for the first time, to my knowledge, as quote of the day, for this posting F19585?thread=4346783 and specifically the line "What would the kids in YOUR primary school have called you if your name was Shiloh Pitt?"

I've had another quote nominated too - as part of a convo about the environmental consequences of learning to fly a helicopter and reasons for doing so, I observed "I can't think of anything worse for the environment than getting to a restaurant by helicopter, unless you drop some napalm on a rainforest on the way there and harpoon some whales on the way back."

Funny mood, I guess. At least I'm typing with both hands again (and no, this is not a euphemism, I mean my broken hand is at least a bit better...)

SoRB

Post 2

Baron Grim

You were also the quote of my office. I had to share that. smiley - laugh

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

It also gave me a giggle while cleaning my Mum's PC, then I had to explain to Mum what was so amusing...then I had to explain who Shiloh Pitt was ... then who Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt weresmiley - rolleyes

s'all your fault, SoRB

Post 4

Recumbentman

You mean they actually called their child that? You didn't just make it up smiley - huh

Post 5

Hoovooloo

I know. Like I said in the post, I didn't believe it either.

http://celebrities.biteus.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/shiloh%20nouvel%20angelina%20jolie%20brad%20pitt.jpg

Post 6

Recumbentman

Oh well, perhaps they'll think up a nice surname for her as well.

Post 7

I think she's officially Shiloh Jolie-Pitt.smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Hoovooloo

Come on, don't ruin a perfectly good gag by intruding here with mere reality... smiley - winkeye

Post 9

Baron Grim

It's not ruined... She'll just be called a Jolly Shiloh Pitt.

Post 10

Well I seem to be the only one who knew they named her Shiloh, but I never realised what she'd be called by her darling peers at school.smiley - rofl

That's some pressure for a kid anyway, being the offspring of two of the most beautiful people on the planet, what if she's not drop-dead-gorgeous?

Post 11

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

<<"I can't think of anything worse for the environment than getting to a restaurant by helicopter, unless you drop some napalm on a rainforest on the way there and harpoon some whales on the way back.">>

Oh, that's brilliant!

Vicky

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hoovooloo

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more