A Conversation for Discussions Relating to the Lifetime Ban of Satyagraha

Ban Satyagraha

Post 21

GTBacchus

Azara, Titania, others,

You might be interested to know the latest available explanation of the silly Franglais. The person holding the Satyagraha account has admitted that he disguised his language in order to avoid being recognized at h2g2 by someone he knows in RL. He said that he tried to regress his English to what it was like when he first moved here, and maybe didn't do such a good job. Mon Dieu!

If I didn't relate that correctly, then someone will correct me.

Of course, to those who believe that the Satyagraha account was operated by LeKZ will see this as just another ruse to cover earlier deceptions.

Azara, yes, it was foolish of me to imply that a bad accent is any kind of *proof* that anyone of us isn't LeKZ. I was just stating my impressions which are only based on my own experience. I've read certain of LeKZ's Franglais, and it doesn't sound like Satyagraha's Franglais. This, like most of what's been posted here, proves nothing.

Ban Satyagraha

Post 22

Martin Harper

> "Everything in that post was spelled correctly."

Don't worry - in the other thread he had 'truely' and 'bull dog' for 'truly' and 'bulldog'... smiley - winkeye

Ban Satyagraha

Post 23

GTBacchus

That's just as well. Mark Moxen and Petra wouldn't want to have to suspend *another* account...

Ban Satyagraha

Post 24

7rob7: Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)

GTB has it aright: he saved me the trouble (and did a better job) of explaining the same thing. Satyagraha choose - freely, and with no personality-frying booga-booga brain waves from the LeKZ monster - to adopt a patois designed to obscure hir identity here from others known to hir in RL. Had I choosen to speak here in the American Southern 'dialect' that I grew up with, I would be "guilty" of basically the same thing. But it's as slow to write as it is to listen to. Fortunately also, *I* have not been damned by the coincidence of geography. Or, at least, not apparently...

-7_I'm_a_rebel_and_I'll_never_ever_be_any_good_7

Ban Satyagraha

Post 25

David Conway

7rob7,

I have fairly solid evidence that you probably reside on the same planet as LeKZ. Geography is against you.

NBY

Ban Satyagraha

Post 26

7rob7: Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)

Well... ok... maybe... but only when I wanna... they can't make me...

(smiley - yikes I just realized I'm using the exact same Internet as LeKZ!!! I must be them after all... or at least their highly-paid puppet...)

Ban Satyagraha

Post 27

GTBacchus

I'm posting this in the four Ban/Don't Ban threads. I have copied and pasted all of the email correspondence from both of the accused that was forwarded to the TrusT list. Go to my page and follow the link in the bold-type paragraph at the top of the page under the words "Don't Panic". Don't Panic. Make your own judgements, and do about them what you will.

If the link gets moderated away... Christ, I tried. I don't think there's any reason it should, but I don't think lots of things that end up happening.

GTB

Ban Satyagraha

Post 28

David Conway

Following in GTB's footsteps, I've done pretty much the same thing as he has. Follow the link under the header "Unsupressing Evidence" on my personal space.

I've edited that evidence only to the extent of deleting private email addresses and repetition, where a reply quotes previous content.

Ban Satyagraha

Post 29

No_One_Special

Thanks to both parties for sharing those emails.
Having read them all, I can only agree with the Editors that it is completely obvious that Satyagraha is LeKZ, in one form or another.

What finally convinced me was the tone and general attitude of the emails to the h2g2 staff.

Ban Satyagraha

Post 30

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

smiley - erm
I'm pretty sure it's not what either GT or NBY intended, but having read the e-mails, I'm breaking my silence about ban or don't ban.
Ban.
Those e-mails are damning. I've read it *all* before.
smiley - shark

Ban Satyagraha

Post 31

David Conway

Full disclosure is the name of the game.

I could have left out the parts that look bad. I know what they are. I didn't.

I stand by my earlier statements, and hope that, by posting everything, someone might acknowledge that possibility that I'm being honest.

NBY

Ban Satyagraha

Post 32

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

That's fair enough, I can only applaud that stance.
As I said starting the duplicity thread, there are perhaps 2 or 3 people who actually know the *whole* truth about this. You may or may not be one of them.
For what's it's worth, I don't think you would deliberately lie.
smiley - shark

Ban Satyagraha

Post 33

David Conway

I suggest revisiting that link in my personal space from time to time. Things could be added.

Ban Satyagraha

Post 34

The H2G2 Editors

FYI we have now published the full correspondence between Satyagraha and the Editors here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A683714

We only received permission to publish these after the office had closed on Friday (see the last email), which is why they are appearing now.

Ban Satyagraha

Post 35

Dorothy Outta Kansas

Just to turn over a few stones... As NBY said, "Full disclosure is the name of the game." Just who is No One Special?

x x Fenny (bemused)

Decision Made

Post 36

The H2G2 Editors

FYI the decision has been made to close Satyagraha's account permanently. You can find more information here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A681374

Decision Made

Post 37

Jim Lynn

At the risk of reviving threads that should be left fallow, during the upgrade yesterday I got copies of the h2g2 server logs (so I could do some analysis of the speed improvements since the last upgrade).

Out of curiosity I also had a look at the times when Quincy and Satyagraha were logging in, to see what I could find, and I found the following:

* The Quincy account was created by the user of the Satyagraha account.
* The Satyagraha account was used when logging in to the wallflower girl account.

This was all done around the times these accounts were created, before any suspicions had been aroused.

This proves conclusively that all three accounts were being operated from the same machine.

I've posted this to all the relevant Ban/Don't Ban threads for completeness.

Decision Made

Post 38

Researcher 189343

I make no pretense about my identity. I also will not rub anyone's nose in it by stating it outright. I am here only to try to salvage the reputations of good people who have suffered as a consequence of the evil imaginings of some other folk. I neither want to be here, nor have I any intention of using this account for any purpose other than to paste this message where I feel it is appropriate, for purposes of clarification. You see, there is always more than one side to every issue. You have not been *allowed* to see all sides in this case. 1. Wall Flower Girl: Yes, that account was started by persons who use this body, not to be part of h2g2 per se, but rather for the purposes of conversing with someone anonymously -- minus the prejudice and baggage that goes with the 'L' word. WFG broke no rule, as the Editors have said repeatedly that they don't mind if a banned researcher comes back so long as s/he behaves hirself. Wall Flower Girl was too timid to do otherwise than behave herself. She merely wanted to talk to someone (who left h2g2 in disgust a day before she did -- she was actually banned after she'd left, as you would know if the Editors had not hidden her page). The other thing the Editors have said is that the banned researcher should not let on who s/he is. Wall Flower Girl did not do so. However, when she left, (and you can ask the Editors to let you see the page if you think that is reasonable) Fenchurch the Honky-tonk Thumper emailed her, to say 'Don't go, I think we could be friends'. Wall Flower Girl responded with 'Sorry, I don't think I want to go back'. It so happened that Fenchurch was copied on an email I sent that same night. Fenchurch took it upon herself to research the IP headers of both emails -- which suggests the first one was intentionally deceptive -- and what resulted can be seen here http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F647?thread=162083 in a thread called 'IP Addresses' When notified, Wall Flower Girl sent an email to the Editors which they chose not to make public. If you wish to see that email, I will post it and other relevant material at my website in the next few days. She did not want yet another stink, especially since it would have been a charade. Now, surely the Editors did not mean 'not letting on who you are' to include 'expecting people who have expressed friendship in the past to turn around and stab you in the back'. Somehow, I doubt they could possibly have really meant to include 'and don't correspond with anyone who might be of dubious trustworthiness, whether or not you know it' in the bit about letting on. Nevertheless, Wall Flower Girl was leaving any way, and it makes no difference, because everyone who interacted with her knows she did nothing wrong, that she lives in this body. 2. Quincy: Firstly, what gave any of you any reason to believe that his REAL name was 'Murray Strauss, M.D.'? As someone here is fond of saying, you display a 'touching naivete' if you think that people online necessarily tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about themselves. According to him, and he may be telling me the truth, or he may not be, he is in law enforcement, and he's put people in prison for long stretches, and he would no more give out his real name to, and I quote verbatim 'some website where any "random schmuck can walk in off the street" and I don't know the people that run it'. So much for those wastes of your time, and that explains why he would not provide positive ID. I don't know enough about medicine to judge his qualifications. I have asked people who do, and when I hear back, I will email the Editors (despite the fact that they've said they are 'bored' with me) with the information. 3. Satyagraha: I think he's probably just what he says, or close enough to. I also think, as the Editors pointed out, that he does lie a bit. Some people are like that. 4. Silent Stupidity: This is an example of the best-laid plans going awry. I have no intention of trying to explain what happened, here. T

Key: Complain about this post