A Conversation for Taking up a Musical Instrument

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 21

Online_again, The One and Only Pift

Aw...
thanx smiley - smiley It sounds like work, but I shall try that. (Not that i know how that chord calculator work, but I shall give that a try too smiley - smiley )

*happy*

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 22

Steve K.

"You are allowed give links now in conversations."

Ahh, I didn't know that. OK, the link I was hinting at above for the guitar instruction CD-ROM set is www.sdgsoft.com, the product is "Guitar Magic" (version 2, three CD-ROMs). (Sorry it wasn't so obvious.) A little pricey from the company, you might find it cheaper from a reseller - I paid a lot less for the old version 1. In any case, it's got a LOT of content - one review called it a lifetime supply.

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 23

Plastic Squirrel /Back, on the good foot, and doing the bad thing

"Can anyone write songs" I believe was asked. Yes, anyone can write songs, for the proof (sorry for advertising here kids!!) have a listen at http://www.mp3.com/plasticsquirrel

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 24

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I'm gonna try out those tips, thanks guys!

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 25

threesecondmemory

Http://minusoneraver.tripod.com

I'm Lee if you wanna laugh at my photo!

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 26

smiley - smiley it's not that bad!

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 27

threesecondmemory

smiley - ok Ta.

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 28

No worries smiley - biggrin

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 29

Soothsaya

Hello people! I really want to learn to play the guitar. I don't have money for one at the moment, though. Anyways, thanks for everything you said ... this does help motivate me towards getting the money and the guitar. I don't know when ... just that there *will* be a 'when'!

Soothsaya

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 30

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

That's a good attitude, Soothsaya: If you really *WANT* to do it, you'll succeed.

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 31

I agree. Playing the guitar is a great skill, and it's very theraputic. smiley - smiley

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 32

threesecondmemory

You can't beat playing on a nice acoustic and having a good sing. I've got a beautiful yamaha 12 string. It sounds lush.

smiley - biggrin

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 33

Sweet, sing-songs are great!

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 34

threesecondmemory

'specially at a party and everyone has had a few smiley - ale s. Caterwauling (sp?) "Champagne Supernova". Quality.

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 35

There's this really cool pub in Edinburgh where people take their guitars along and just start strumming away, then everyone joins in - fantastic! smiley - biggrin

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 36

Soothsaya

I don't drink alcohol, but I still enjoy a good sing-along! Even if I'm the only sober person there.

By the way, I really like the sound of a 12-string!

Don't learn the guitar!

Post 37

Pancak

Damn...I wish I can be bothered learning how to play the guitar...

Key: Complain about this post