This is the Message Centre for Lara Croft (Fountain of UFI)

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 1

Professor Werner Von Croy

Hi Lara,

I see you are a newie as well? I am new my-self and I only have 1 friend so far (Lifson Kofie).

I know this is a stupid question but do you like Lara Croft? If you do so do I ! smiley - biggrin

I am stuck for a nickname and I have just seen you. At the moment I am TJ the Piccolo Boy but I want to change it too something else. Is there any of your friends that has the nickname Von Croy? If not may I take it? I feel it will add to the Tomb Raider environment.

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 2

Lara Croft (Fountain of UFI)

*LOL* Sweet! Go for it!! Yes, I'm a TR fan... played the games... watched the movie... bought the DVD... I even dressed as Lara for Halloween... pathetic, I know... but it confused the heck out of people here at work (many of them just aren't up on the pop culture).

Yes, I'm very new here. Surfed the guide a few times, but just joined yesterday, so I'm still trying to find my way around. Interesting stuff...

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 3

Tube - the being being back for the time being

Hi! well... basically I just wanted to say "Hi!". Welcome to the guide to Life Universe and Everything founded on Douglas Adam's Hich-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy triology. I joined a little over two years ago and am now officially addicted to this site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F65289?thread=106849&skip=0&show=20). By now it has grown a little comples but still you can find your way around. Usually it helps to click on people's names, so that you can get to their personal spaces and see what they are up to which in turn gives you an idea what's happening at the site. Another easy way to get talking to people is the Aks H2G2 page (http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A148907). Also, the Peer Review (http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/Peerreview) offers the chance to get involved in writing entries and figure out how to do it. In fact I'll go there myself now because something caught my eye. See you around! :-) Tube

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 4

Thanks, Tube. I'm hoping to have some time over the weekend to thoroughly go through it... However, 'tis the season for office Christmas parties, so I may not... but I'll try...

Catch you around...

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 5

Thanks, I have now changed it to Von Croy. I have just been here a week as I don't have (New this week) beside my name anymore, YES!!!

C u around!

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 6

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Hello everyone smiley - biggrin Especially Lara and van Croy - nice to meet you smiley - biggrin

My name is Feisor and I too am an ACE (Assistant Community Editor) at h2g2, (there are lots of us)
Seeing as how everyone is leaving you links - mind if I add a couple?? Ooops - too late smiley - laugh

The "Italics" (they are the people who run this place - so-called because their names are displayed in bold italics - God Bless 'Em) have left a message for newcomers at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/Welcome-Newcomers
it's got a lot of the basic background and how-tos that you will need - a good place to start

If some of the H2G2 terms leave you a little confused, there is a great page about it at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A632431 (thanks to Dastardly for this great page)

And finally, the editors of our own newspaper The H2G2 Post have made up a page of links - you can find it at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A616718 and then you can read The Post smiley - laugh

Well - that should keep you busy for a while smiley - biggrin I am sure that you will love this community as much as we do smiley - biggrin There's lots of things to see, clubs to join and people to meet - please don't be shy - just jump right in - this is a friendly place. But be careful - it can become quite addictive - believe me I know smiley - laugh

smiley - cheers

Enjoy!!
Have fun!!!
and above all DON'T PANIC!!!

smiley - peacedove

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 7

Oops again smiley - laugh - I meant Von Croy smiley - doh

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 8

Thanks, Feisor. I'm sure all of your help and pointers-in-the-right-direction will be much needed!!

Early Monday morning, and needing much smiley - cappuccino,
Lara

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 9

Well... you know where you can find help if you need it smiley - cheers

Have a smiley - donut with your smiley - coffee?

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 10

Occasionally... Some mornings, we're looking for a smiley - stiffdrink instead of smiley - coffee!! (just jokes!)

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 11

smiley - cheers Tube.

I have recently added two journal entries and I have been searching for a couple of things in the guide as well. I feel I am getting used to the h2g2 environment.

See you around. smiley - biggrin

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 12

That's OK,
I have changed my nickname so many times even I'm confused smiley - laugh

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 13

Speaking of journal entries, I've actually started using mine! Great way to vent when you need to!!

Lara

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 14

Tube - the being being back for the time being

I'm still waiting to get my old ones back... smiley - erm I'd like to know what my first one was smiley - smiley

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 15

No doubt! It's always interesting to look back and see what you were thinking and/or feeling at the beginning... This vent in my journal is more personal / work related and not guide related, but it helped me feel better...

Welcome to the Guide!

Post 16

Lara,
Sometimes that's what I think the journal is for - it gives us all a little insight into what is going on in your life ...

In my case - not much smiley - laugh
But the great thing is that it's YOUR journal and what you put into it is up to you smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post