A Conversation for Poetry Therapy

A660034 - Poetry Therapy

Post 1

Alexandra Marie Chaser, Keeper of Voices, graduated Sunday, 8 June - and Very Happy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A660034

Discusses the goals of poetry therapy and the steps of the bibliotherapeutic process. Is meant to provide an introduction to poetry therapy and hopefully spark interest in a new and growing field. I hope someone will be as inspired by this entry as I have been by the course I'm taking. Please consider polishing it up a bit and giving it a special place in the Guide.

A660034 - Poetry Therapy

Post 2

Nightshade, Guardian Angel and Grey Lady

This is a nice entry. The style is slightly unusual, with the sections with lines in between, the use of italics, the pictures, and stuff like that. It makes it easier to read, though.
Is poetry therapy common? What is it mainly used for? Can you give other links to organisations in various countries?

A660034 - Poetry Therapy

Post 3

Alexandra Marie Chaser, Keeper of Voices, graduated Sunday, 8 June - and Very Happy

Nightshade's recommendation of including links to organizations in various countries was very good, but unfortunately I can't seem to find any. If you happen to know of any poetry therapy organizations in countries other than the United States please email them to [email protected]

A660034 - Poetry Therapy

Post 4

shazzPRME

I like this too. smiley - smiley

I see that you say the poems should not have a 'sing-song' rhythm to them. Is there any specific reason for this? Is there no room for limericks or nonesense poems such as those by Lear?
Just a few random thoughts smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - magic

A660034 - Poetry Therapy

Post 5

Julie Andrews

Have you read the entry on Beat Poetry?

A660034 - Poetry Therapy

Post 6

Julie Andrews

Also, William Carlos Williams wrote, "It is difficult/to get the news from poems/yet men die miserably every day/for lack/of what is found there."

That might be something you might like to use as an epigraph.

A660034 - Poetry Therapy

Post 7

Evil Zombie Strider

This is a very interesting entry. I don't actually have anything to say, I just wanted to throw in my cry of approval.

-Strider smiley - footprints

Thread Moved

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'Poetry Therapy'.

This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review Forum because your entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

You can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

Thread Moved

Post 9

Michael Notforyou

I'm outta my timezone. They keep moving things as soon as they notify me, giving me no chance to post before the move.

Beautifully layed out, designed...I'm not going to go on, but great entry.

Anyway, congratulations! This entry has been accepted for inclusion in the Edited Guide. The author will be e-mailed with the new entry (A) number when the sub-editors are through.

Thread Moved

Post 10

Nightshade, Guardian Angel and Grey Lady

Congratulations! smiley - cheers

Thread Moved

Post 11

smiley - biggrin
thanx

Thread Moved

Post 12

Julie Andrews

*passes smiley - cake and smiley - bubbly*

Thread Moved

Post 13

would that happen to be cheesecake, George? smiley - devil
*sips smiley - bubbly*
smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post