A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

2010 New Titles and Theme tune

Post 1

Bright Blue Shorts

Love 'em, hate 'em or ambivalent?

Post 2

kipperonthefloor - Make sense? What fun is there in Making sense?

love em

Post 3

Bagpuss

I like them. If there's one objection it's that the time tunnel thing should look weirder - it could be mistaken for weird weather rather than an extra-dimensional vortex.

Post 4

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

And there was me thinking you were talking about the new titles and theme from J-Melo on NHK smiley - run

Post 5

van-smeiter

Not keen on the start of the theme tune but it's pretty good when it gets going (I do think the end title music deserves the big, white, 5th Doctor-style explosion that its ending implies!) I like the graphics, especially once the "Karen Gillan" has hit the screen and it really kicks into the vortex. smiley - tardis

Post 6

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

In my household, we tend to watch Doctor Who with the audio description on, as one housemate is blind. We were all very relieved to find that one aspect of the show hasn't changed - the audio description over the titles, which has been since 'Rose':

Tumbling through a maelstrom of effervescent light and energy, the Tardis tunnels its way through time and space.

smiley - cool

Post 7

Bright Blue Shorts

I like the graphics - the tunnel/vortex reminds me of the old Tom Baker intros.

The music I don't like the first 15 seconds. After that it kicks into the tried & tested and I'm fine with it. The piece of music itself is fine, just not what I want for Dr Who.

Post 8

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Well, out of three episodes so far, the credits have failed to register twice. The only time I paid any attention was ep. 2, when I wasn't keen.
Is it good or bad if the opening credits don't capture my attention?

Key: Complain about this post