A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Les Dennis/Ace

Post 1

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

http://books.guardian.co.uk/departments/biography/story/0,,2269822,00.html

"The book recounts how he cheated on his first wife with actor Sophie Aldred, who played Doctor Who assistant Ace, and how he nervously wet his trousers before his first rehearsal for Extras."

Amanda Holden and Sophie Aldred? There's no justice in this world.

smiley - ale

Les Dennis/Ace

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hard to believesmiley - ermand you've put some images in my head that I'd happily erasesmiley - headhurts

*presses erase button*

Les Dennis/Ace

Post 3

Mister Matty

>Hard to believeerm and you've put some images in my head that I'd happily eraseheadhurts

Same here. Eeew.

Les Dennis/Ace

Post 4

U12792173

Blimmin' Heck! Remember when Sophie did Words n' Pictures back in the 1990s. Magic pencil, dancing letters, and cartoons! It was as wacky as the Happiness Patrol!

Les Dennis/Ace

Post 5

van-smeiter

Do you mean 'Corners'? I've noticed she's been doing several advert voice-overs the past year or so. I was hoping they'd do a "Two Doctors" style 45th anniversary special with Sophie & Sylvester but I guess it's just a fan's remeberance of things past.

Les Dennis/Ace

Post 6

U12792173

She did Corners first, and then Words and Pictures around 1998. by the way, what voiceovers

Les Dennis/Ace

Post 7

van-smeiter

Never caught Words and Pictures (surprising because I was a uni student in 98.) I'd forgotten she did Melvin & Maureen's Musicagrams aswell. As far as I can remember she does the voiceover for an air freshener advert and an airline/travel agent type ad. Possibly others, sorry to be vague.

Les Dennis/Ace

Post 8

U12792173

ambi-pur, isn't it? Yeh, i'veh eard her. flooding back all the memories with Neil Buchanan off Art Attack.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more