This is the Message Centre for Z

Trimmings from The Cutting Edge of Science.

Post 1

Z

Today (Sunday) I have gone to work, finished proof reading a paper and e mailed it to the first author for comments.
Been asked to Peer Review a paper (yahay!). Come home and attempted to do the data-extraction for a systematic review I am working one. Despite four coffee's the brain doesn't work so I may give up.

Post 2

Agapanthus

Five coffees?

Post 3

Z

Well there was four cans of red bull before the coffee...

Post 4

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Heh -- you might be awake, but I think you'll have diminishing returns as far as concentration is concerned!

Post 5

Agapanthus

I don't trust Red Bull. One minute you're staying up until 3am to finish a paper, next you're in a capsule 19 miles up, trying to remember which is the air-hose and which is the 'comfort and convenience' hose in your space-suit.

Post 6

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Research science would not exist, as far as I recall, were it not for coffee. Most of my Uni professors/lecturers seemed to be constructed from the stuff... smiley - coffee Less than a litre in the monring and I know I can't function at all smiley - sleepy

Red bull?! though?! smiley - yuk nasty stuff.... smiley - 2cents

Post 7

Malabarista - now with added pony

Ugh, the smell of Red Bull alone is so cloying...

Post 8

Sol

I have never drunk Red Bull.

It is, however, my son's formula one team of choice. He is wrong, of course, but no-one is going to compete with a big red bull on the car .

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Z

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more