A Conversation for Epilepsy

epilepsy

Post 1

THE KID (Romancer of the Realm of the Rediculous)

A former Queen of England I believe in the 1600's used mariauna as a effective relief to keep seizure's away

epilepsy

Post 2

Floh Fortuneswell

She was not the only person. smiley - smiley

epilepsy

Post 3

Great Western Lettuce (no.51) Just cut down the fags instead

I've been 'using' marijuana for many a year, but I dont find it helps, however much I try and persuade myself otherwise. From what I gather it varies from person to person, possibly depending on what brings on the seizures to begin with. For me, being over-tired is very bad news, so as you can imagine, stumbling around in a half-dazed state doesn't really do the job.
I still enjoy smoking it anyway though smiley - smiley

epilepsy

Post 4

Wel it does lessin the effect I would guess I don't have the condition

epilepsy

Post 5

I saw a thing on TV about epilepsy. And have known people with it.

epilepsy

Post 6

I don't know for sure. They are just about to release a cannabis pill in the UK which they will prescribe on the NHS. But only for pain relief for cancer and multiple sclerosis sufferers, I was getting all excited thinking about this but apparently they will take all the THC out of it before releasing it in pill form.
There is no way of telling to be honest. I have been epileptic since I was 16, soon after I started smoking because of the rumour of weed helping. Who knows, I could be in a worse state had I never smoked da reefer.
But the pills I get prescribed seem to help much more to be honest, so does not spending too much time staring at computers (last 3 grand mals have been in front of a computer screen).

epilepsy

Post 7

I've heard that can happen, have you spoke with your Dr. about it.
Lights have something to do with it. Flashing that is. The monitor on a computer flashes just so fast you would'nt know it. But the subconcious picks it up. So may be it would help to break periodly from it. Maybe set a timer in case you forget.
The KID

epilepsy

Post 8

That's a great idea about the timer. Hadn't thought of that. smiley - cheers
Unfortunately my docs over the years have been about as much use as a chocolate fireplace. Probably something to do with our desperately underfunded NHS.
Having a job in computers probably won't help matters, although my company did have the good nature to buy me a flat screen, which are supposed to have less flickering, and it seems to be OK.
Thanks for the concern though - well appreciated.
GWL

epilepsy

Post 9

One of my nick names is Dr.D. I worked in the health field. I guess I never for got the Hypocratic oath. I'm only happy to help.
The KID

epilepsy

Post 10

~TWIsTED~

my ex has epilepsy, we think it was triggered by her use of hard drugs such as heroin in her past, doctor always said they were drug induced, shes now clean of drugs tho she smokes pot all the time, only has fits when there no weed and only fits in her sleep, made the mistake once of making sure she hadnt swallowed her tongue and nearly lost my finger....any tips or advice anty of you could give me would be appriciated as we have a young daughter together and are still close tho seoarated........also had a mate some time ago, had his triggered by the use of anabolic steroids, was keen to get his driving license back so quit all drugs, ironic as he gave up weed too.

epilepsy

Post 11

What kind of advice are you looking for?

Key: Complain about this post