This is the Message Centre for ecotype

common scents

Post 1

ecotype

I've found a way of brightening up the winter, which, here at least, has been exceptionally cold, dull and windy. I've spent some hard-earned dosh on some really posh organic aromatherapy oils. They are incredible: accept no substitutes! I got several as I managed to find a good wholesaler, and put in a joint order to take advantage of the wholesale prices. Particularly recommended are:
organic lavender, camomile, juniper, rosemary and melissa. These all smell so like the fresh herb or flower in question that, if I breathe in the scent and close my eyes, I'm surprised not to find the plant itself there when I open them.

The benzoin, made from resin, not plant oil as such, is also excellent - one of those unique and distinctive scents. But the best is attar of roses. Yes - I admit it - I actually bought some of this elusive and madly expensive stuff. It is absolutely mind-blowing: like filling an olympic swimming pool full of rose petals and climbing into it smiley - drunk. In fact, put like that, my tiny bottle with its essence of over a thousand roses was cheap at the price - and a lot easier to arrange at short notice.

Key: Complain about this post

common scents

More Conversations for ecotype

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more