This is the Message Centre for egon

Anniversary

Post 1

egon

Last year, I wrote a journal entry called "Mortality", following the death of a close friend in a motorcycle accident. It was exactly a year ago today, and it doesnt feel that long. The memory of finding out, of the funeral and wake, of the aftermath, is still fresh and raw. I wouldn't say I neccesarily think of him all the time, but things happen regularly which bring him to mind, and situations occur where I notice a whole big Kev-led whole in the world.

He was always the guy who arranged the fireworks in bonfire night, and also th one who came most close to catching fire as a result. Tonights bonfire night and fireworks wont be dedicated to a catholic plotter from 1605, but to a Newcastle brown-drinking, punk-drumming, motorbike-riding, forklift-truck driving, chimney climbing, heavily pierced, skinhead gentle giant.

Tonight, and every 3rd November from now on will forever be Kevin Greer day for a certain group of people in Warrington.

Kevin Greer (16th September 1981-3rd November 2011).
smiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post

Anniversary

More Conversations for egon

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more