This is the Message Centre for Spiff

Oh father...

Post 1

J

smiley - grovel

I wonder if you, as the father in many ways of the h2g2 alternative writing movement, might be inclined to support one of the children of that movement as h2g2 President - Hypatia, and yours humbly and truly as the VP nominee. A5645531

smiley - grovel

Ok, now that that's done, how ya been? smiley - smiley

smiley - blacksheep

Oh father...

Post 2

J

And I see that you're not subscribed to your own Personal Space... smiley - smiley

smiley - blacksheep

Oh father...

Post 3

Spiff

Hmm... didn't know I needed to subscribe to my PS...

Well, I'm... er... well!

I kinduv fell off h2g2 a while back, and when I climbed back on I never really had the same vim and vigour in my approach to the aww and underguide.

Shame really, as it's all gone so well!

But then, maybe that's me to a T...

Hypatia for prezzer, eh?

I didn't even know the election was coming up! Is there a big campaign? Lots of candidates? Party Political broadcasts? ( I love *them*!)

Well, I'm not much of an active participant in political life, generally, but always an avid observer and occasionally astute commentator - so I guess I'll go see what's to observe...

Howzabout you? You well?

Spiff

Oh father...

Post 4

J

Here's the main page of the thingy - A5571434

It's a circus smiley - ok

I'm well. We're well. The sheep are well too.

smiley - blacksheep

Oh father...

Post 5

J

Observed yet? smiley - tongueout

Oh father...

Post 6

Spiff

Veni, vidi, didn't know quite what to do about it all, as a great man never said.

Looking at Hypatia's campaign page, she (did I get that pronoun right?) already has a healthy pile of pledges over there, so, rather like my attitude to general elections over here in the UK, I don't think my X will be required. (Don't let Ben hear that I said that - I saw her opinion of abstainers earlier this year).

So, I guess I did observe, and went away again, very little the wiser and certainly no more the democratically motivated.

Nice to hear from you though. smiley - biggrin

Oh father...

Post 7

J

smiley - erm Well, normally if someone turned me down to go to another candidate I could say 'I can respect that', but like Ben, I'm not one to respect abstainers, so I'll just force myself to write this smiley... smiley - ok

And then smiley - runsmiley - tongueout

smiley - blacksheep

Oh father...

Post 8

Spiff

Ah well, you can't please all the people all of the time.

And if you can please about 30% of the people on one particular day, then you can do what you want for a little while.

But if you don't try to please people... well, they'll probly just smiley - run off.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Spiff

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more