A Conversation for Pisco (Alcohol)

Undrinkable filth

Post 1

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

I still have 1/2 a bottle of pisco somewhere. I brought it back from Peru, and it tastes terrible. I haven't tried mixing it yet, though.

Undrinkable filth

Post 2

dr_toronto

Sorry, I've not been paying attention to this particular story... did I forget to mention never, ever - under any circumstances - drink Pisco straight? The flavour, texture and whatever else is really horrible. Dreadful stuff, but delightful as a sour.

Undrinkable filth

Post 3

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

It's all gone, it seems. I might see if I can get hold of some more, or I might not.

Undrinkable filth

Post 4

Pilpingto -Knower of Noses

Do you know if they export it readily? If you find out I'd be delighted to know! I just returned from Peru and I neglected to pick up a bottle at the duty-free. Anything that tastes so foul should really have a place in my liqour cabinet!! It can sit next to the icelandic Brenevin (Currently holding the lead as the nastiest liqour I have imbiled). Your right though, it does make a lovely sour.

Undrinkable filth

Post 5

dr_toronto

To what place is local? The Peruvians are trying to sell Pisco wherever they can, but in most place the Chileans have beaten them to it.

Undrinkable filth

Post 6

Pilpingto -Knower of Noses

The brenivin is local to the chilly reaches of iceland. Found almost anywhere in Reykuvik, and most other small towns. It is dirt cheap and plentiful, but thst could be mainly due to the fact that it is the least expensive alchoholic substance in iceland (save the cheap yeasty bubbly stuff they in-appropriately call beer) smiley - smiley

I'll see if the chileans managed to export any pisco to canada, but I haven't seen any in my recent travels to the liqour store. I will keep checking though smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pisco (Alcohol)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more