This is the Message Centre for fords - number 1 all over heaven

Nothing for ages and then it all happens...

Post 1

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I've been for two job interviews today - one permanent, one temporary for six months. The agency have just rang to say that the temp one's mine if I want it, starting Monday smiley - biggrin

Trouble is, they all know that I'd take the permanent job if I'm successful there too, but my contact at the agency isn't at her desk so I can tell her this! smiley - wah

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bigeyessmiley - goodluck I have a horrible feeling theyy are going to offer me this job this afternoon, in a couple of hours I'll ahve me seoncd interview on the phone for it (I must get to do the work for that soon as I'm runnign out of time), and I've a horrible feeling they might offer me th ejob, and* expect me to say yes or no right there and then smiley - bigeyessmiley - yikessmiley - run

Post 3

At least this company are giving me the chance to find out if I've got the permanent one or not, which is mega nice of them smiley - smiley

Post 4

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

smiley - somersault

Post 5

Zak T Duck

Yay! Congrats smiley - bubbly

Post 6

Fankoo! smiley - biggrin

Post 7

Is it me, or does it seem all of a sudden everyone on here is getting all 'grown up' and getting 'perminant' jobs, and 'jobs' and such like smiley - yikes I don't know if I can take much more of this 'real world' stuff, I might have to go off for a year and live amongst the badgers smiley - zensmiley - winkeyesmiley - bigeyes about an hour to my interview, and I can't make my mind up if I should actually get dressed for it, or just do it as I am smiley - blush

Post 8

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

No, it's just you. smiley - nahnah

Post 9

Genie

Excellent news! I'll keep everything crossed for you for the permanant job! smiley - ok

Post 10

Just me!? smiley - yikessmiley - wahsmiley - sadface Oh no! I don't believe it! I'm turning into a 'grown up' smiley - yuksmiley - run no no no no no no ! smiley - runsmiley - erm oh heck you know when you put stuff off for ages and ages and keep saying 'loads of time to do that' well I've been doing that rahter well. and now it seems, with less than an hour till my interview, I really ought to go and read this stuff they sent me smiley - ermsmiley - dohsmiley - runsmiley - goodluck

Post 11

You can have a job and still be silly! smiley - biggrin

I should hear about the permanent one by 5 pm (hopefully!)

Post 12

Just heard back from the agency. I have the permanent job, subject to references. I start a week on Monday smiley - biggrin

Post 13

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

Well, then.. Congrats or something..smiley - smiley

smiley - cider

Post 14

Demon Drawer

Yay well done you.

*note to self need to look elsewhere for PA come May 6* smiley - winkeye

Post 15

Zak T Duck

smiley - wow This is even better news!

Post 16

Sorry DD! smiley - sadface

I'm so happy about this, I really am. Okay, it's less money than the temp one but then again at the end of six months there'd be no guarantee I'd be kept on. The permanent one is a very reputable solicitor firm and PA sounds better than Audio Typist, after all! The most important thing is it's tons more money than what I'm getting just now and I'll enjoy the job better smiley - biggrin

Post 17

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit sitting behind his desk
"Congratulations, I sure hope you like it this time.
And that they like you smiley - smileysmiley - goodluck early Sodit."

Post 18

I'm not really here

Oh well done! I've had agenices looking confusedly at my CV and then sniggering at how much money I want. Looks like I'll be heading off to London again.

Or becoming a driving instructor. I'll have to think carefully...

Post 19

There's a lot of money to be made as a driving instructor. Mine is part-time; his bosses at his day job won't let him quit just yet but he wants to so he can make more money smiley - winkeye

Post 20

I'm not really here

I went to a meeting about it today - there does seem to be money in it, but there also seems to be a hell of a lot of hours as well. They were talking about a 40 hour week. smiley - yikes And that's *earning* hours, not *being out of the house for work* hours. Anything over 35 is overtime imo.

Key: Complain about this post