This is the Message Centre for Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi

Post 1

momenta

Meg tells me you and I would get on, so I am just saying hi and we'll see what happens. I wouldn't define myself spiritually in any particular way, though Sufism comes pretty close to the way I live my life. I suppose I believe that all spiritual beliefs have an essence of truth, it is the restrictiveness, dogma and divisiveness that I can't stand.

I've never talked on h2g2, and am very new to this technology palaver, so may be a little inept. Do visit my space if you wish.smiley - zen

Hi

Post 2

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I'm just about to pick up my off-spring from his childminder. Hi back! smiley - smiley Yes, I'll have a look at your space when I return home and reply to you properly then.

I can't stand restrictiveness, dogma and divisiveness either. Those are reasons why I became a Sufi and a Quaker.

Meg's on her way through France at present (or will be shortly). If she says we'll get on, then I'm sure we will. smiley - biggrin

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Hi

Post 3

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi again, Momenta, smiley - smiley

I see you are a Virgo - like me, and tallish - unlike me. Great to have you on-site.smiley - cool Take your time getting the hang of it - I see from one of the threads that you were getting a bit confused - the one about Eco-balls. Maybe I'll give them a try, as there are contact details there.

I see you have your own website, so you can't be all that unfamiliar with this new technology stuff;smiley - winkeye It took me quite some time to get the hang of some things. I remember how long it took me to get to use smileys, although they weren't conveniently put at the bottom of the text box then.

Not sure how much you know about me. Single working parent of a seven and a half year old, so I read your comments about the parent/child relationship with interest. Varied interests.

Hi

Post 4

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Fairly tired at the moment, hence the disjointed reply. Forgot to say - any questions about the site, just ask me and I'll be happy to guide you round. smiley - ok

Hi

Post 5

momenta

Interesting. Appearances can be deceptive. I had never been on the internet before Christmas, my site has been done by people who know what they are doing, and am still trying to find out how to work that (though at least I am theoretically running it).

You seem to be a comptuer wizz type person, which I will never be. I've learned loads very quickly, which pleases me, but loads of gaps.

I'm a single parent too, of 3 'children'; 20, 18 and 10. Only child, and for quite a while now have been in hiding ( always my fall back position sadly), talking on this site is pressing all my scared buttons.smiley - run

Self employed, working as a psychotherapist/hypnotherapist and struggling artist.

It's nice to meet you.smiley - biggrin As the singing fish are you good at interpreting the strange things people say?smiley - schooloffish

Hi

Post 6

momenta

Talking of being tired, my spelling seems to be going completely to pot. Sorry!

Hi

Post 7

momenta

Hello again. I have a question. Though it is relatively easy to find your way around current discussions, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to find a list of members. I have worked out how to find the spaces of those who are active and talking, but not anyone else.
Is there anywhere, or is it designed that way?smiley - huh

Hope you are ok.

Hi

Post 8

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi again, Momenta! smiley - smiley

'A computer whizz type person'? Me? smiley - laugh I'm flattered. I do like my computer. What I've learned, I've learned by making mistakes and being helped by other people! Like you, I'm a quick learner - most of the time. smiley - winkeye

You might have seen from my site that I've just done Reiki I, something I'm glad I did. I expect that I'll do the Reiki II later - either in October or next year.

I suppose I'm now an only child too! I had a brother, but he died 15+ years ago - killed by a drunk driver in a stolen car.

No need to be scared on this site - most of us are friendly - those who aren't can usually be ignored - or they're moderated (their posts are hidden).

Big gap from No. 2 offspring to No. 3. Must make life interesting.

Self employed? Brave of you. I'm not sure I would be up to that - yet.

Good at interpreting? Well, I'm not the Babelfish, which does translating. It was never explained in h2g2 exactly what function Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish had, but I've surmised that it was like an oracle.

Your other question - is there a list of members? Not exactly. Since h2g2 began, there have been over 90,000 researchers registered, of which maybe 3,000 are active regularly. Many were one visit wonders.

How much time to you spend on h2g2 in contrast to the 360 site? I would think you would be very suited to 360 stuff, it being the holistic community. H2g2 is fun too - with a rather different focus.

I don't know if you've had a look at <./>Askh2g2</.> yet. You might be interested in some of the conversations there.

Hi

Post 9

momenta

Whoops sorry, wrong fish!smiley - blush. It's a long time since I read the book.

Self employment has been a wonderful thing, though it does have it's disadvantages. I'll probably never be rich, but my time is my own to organise. Unfortunately it was the idiot man I got entangled with who caused all the problems. I wont go into it, but if you 'lurk' on a conversation I had with Meg you will see what that was all about (birds).

It must have been terrible for you and your family to cope with your brothers death. How does it feel now, if you don't mind me asking? My father died over 20 years ago and I still think about him sometimes. I still wish he was here.

My fear is hard to explain. It isn't of people being horrible to me, but kind of putting me on a pedestal and not expecting me to have any needs or feelings myself. It's probably something I do that makes it happen. I'm working on it.

Offspring thing like having 2 families, though last child most unusual anyway.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated, and the conversation too. I think 360 probably suits me better than h2g2, thoough I shall try and keep an open mind.smiley - cheers

Hi

Post 10

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Yes, I thought you might be thinking of the wrong fish. No matter!

I'm not well organised enoughat the moment to be able to cope with self employment. That's not to say I'll never be able to do it. I admire people who can.smiley - cool

How do I feel about my brother's death? there's still unresolved stuff about it. I didn't find out what happened to the man who caused his death for instance, so there's not been proper closure for me. I named my son after him - seemed the right thing to do - sort of honours him. My parents still miss him desperately. He died in Plymouth, which was a very long way away from where I was living at the time - Birmingham - and my parents were on the Isle of Wight. He had an amazing send-off, though. He was canteen manager on board a ship, and there were *so* many people there, saying the most wonderful things about him - how kind and caring he was. Someone told me that his ship was at sea and if it had been in port, then all the crew would have been there too. People travelled from all over to attend. It helped, having such nice things said about him and seeing the esteem in which he was held.

Child gap - I wondered whether that might be the case. Tell me more about the last child. Mine is very bright and 'sage'. Comes out with the most amazing stuff.

Hi

Post 11

momenta

'Sage' would probably be a good way to describe my child as well. She has been able to reason from the age of 2, and there have been the most extraordinary happenings around her. It is she who named my 'philosophy'/website.

There is a tale to tell surrounding her, which I would probably tell you if we were face to face. Not sure if I want to post it here; as you have made clear to me (even though I knew really) there is no privacy. Theoretically everything I tell you can be seen by the whole world. Not sure I am ready for that as regards to her.

Suffice to say that she feels both a great joy and a huge responsibility, but then I suppose that is true for any child.

I'd be really interested to know the sort of things your son comes out with. I feel that irrespective of what I have experienced with my daughter, there seem to be an increasing number of children who have somehow made a quantum leap in evolution, spirituality and so on.smiley - angelsmiley - angelsmiley - angel

Thanks for sharing the stuff about your brother. It is a lovely idea to have named your son after him, you can love them both at the same time. I don't know if you ever really get over something like that though, the natural order of things are all messed up.

I must ask you some more practical stuff at some point, but not in with all this.

Hi

Post 12

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi again! smiley - smiley

One of my early memories of my son was when he was wearing my slippers. He must have been around 18 months old. It struck me as funny, as I had only really thought of daughters wearing 'mummy's shoes'. I tried asking nicely for the back. "Mummy wants mummy's slippers.' and he said, pointing to a pair of boots - 'Mummy's got mummy's boots!'. His first logical reasoned argument. I was amused, bemused and amazed.

Since then, he has periodically come up with stuff which has amused, bemused and amazed me even more. I've also heard that there are a lot of special children being born at the moment. Sounds like we both have one. I'd probably have to think about his sayings. I've never written them down and again, just having come back from work, I'm tired. I don't think well when I'm tired.

Feel free to ask any practical questions you like. Provided I can answer, I will.

Hi

Post 13

momenta

PLEASE if you are tired, or for any other reason occupied, do not feel obliged to reply to me. I hope this is an equal interaction, and I don't want it to feel like a duty, even if you are an ACE or whatever. I can wait. I think this is one of the nice things about this method of communication, it is one of the main reasons I like it. It is also a novelty for me, so I am like a child with a new toy, but I won't take my bat and ball home, promise.

If you are tired smiley - zzz, and please only talk to me if it makes you feelsmiley - biggrin

Hi

Post 14

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I'm just about to shut up shop on my computer now and do some stuff before getting in some smiley - zzz, but talking to you is NOT a chore!smiley - smiley Nor am I talking to you particularly in an ACE capacity. I'm not a brilliant ACE. I'm a good <./>scout</.>, but that's a different thing.

Actually, the good thing about this site is that you can post and then come back later and find out what's been happening. I have a couple of people I talk to regularly in the States and without this gap, we would hardly ever talk. When I open up my computer, I always check to see if I have any messages from them.

Hi

Post 15

momenta

Thought I would tell you one of my daughters doings, and ask some practical technical stuff as well.

What is this guide ml thing, how do I find it, and how easy is it for a computer moron to learn? Also can I import one of my pictures to my space or does it have to be a picture that is already here?

One of my daughters earliest thingys was when she was about 6 months old. We were collecting my older 2 from youth club, so were standing at the top of the stairs waiting. The 20 or 30 children in the club arrived back, and all ran up the stairs. I had my daughter in my arms. All the children lined up in front of her, and one by one she ran her hand down their faces as if blessing them. They then passed on smiling and satisfied, she did this to each and every child. I just stood there open mouthed. I still don't really understand what was going on.smiley - huh

I hope you are nicely rested and have had a good day.

I wonder if you could send some healing to my mum who is very unwell and over 200 miles away from me. I know I could put it in the healing forum, but am somehow reluctant to as Meg is in need (that sounds completely mad, I don't understand myself at all sometimes).smiley - online2long

Hi

Post 16

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Sure, Momenta, there's enough healing to go round. I'll hold her in my thoughts and prayers.

GuideML - how easy did I find it to learn. The most difficult thing was to learn that almost everything I used had a closing tag, eg gives a paragraph and has to be closed by . If any of these is missing, then the whole thing won't get. I got used to calling it in my head "P" and "thingy P", so that I counted the closers.

You could try looking at A986691- GuideML for your Personal Space and A1000396 - Guide ML for Non-Geeks. The best advice is probably from the Help Pages, eg A264520 - Using Approved Guide ML in the Edited Guide.

Yes, it does sound as though something was going on with your daughter. You could always ask one of the other children what it felt like?

Hi

Post 17

momenta

Are you ok? I am sensing you are troubled in some way, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for info. Had a look. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh. Think I'll leave it for now.

Hi

Post 18

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi momenta,

Yes, I'm OK. I was *really* tired when I wrote the last message and I went to sleep (although everyone and his dog seemed to want to phone me whilst I was asleep and my son didn't seem to want me to sleep either), so you could have been sensing that.

I had a late night last night. Went out to the cinema to see 'Johnny English' with Rowan Atkinson. I thought it was really funny - just the sort of light, silly film to bring my spirits up.

GuideML? It's not that bad. Just start with the basics and to give you paragraphs and to give you headers. Why not try writing a guide entry on something simple and play with it awhile?

You asked about importing photos into your space and I didn't answer that bit. Generally speaking, importing pictures appears to be frowned upon, although I've seen links to pictures, which seems to be OK.

Key: Complain about this post