A Conversation for Faculty of Arts and Entertainment

Project: Film Composers

Post 1

Mr Prophet (General Purpose Genre Guru)

The Prophet (U139934)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A579008

Film Composers

The general purpose of this project is to provide some biographical notes on various cinematic composers.

Specific topics include:

Entries for specific composers. I currently have some work done for John Williams and Joseph LoDuca, plus some notes on Danny Elfman. I also plan to include entries for Ennio Morricone, Jerry Goldsmith, and possibly some others, time and interest allowing. I also hope to get in an article on the importance of music in film, and a similar one for television.

Proposed Titles:

John Williams
Joseph LoDuca
Danny Elfman
Ennio Morricone
Jerry Goldsmith
The Importance of Cinematic Scores
Music in Television

Proposed dates: 22nd June - 3rd July 2001.

The assistance of a musician would be greatly appreciated in this project.

The Prophet.

Post 2

Oops; that should be 3rd August, not July. My bad.

The Prophet

Post 3

Peta

An excellent project proposal The Prophet. Thanks for volunteering.

I'll add you to the current project page and the University Field Researchers egroup tomorrow.

I'll also ask around and see if we can find a helpful musician or two. You could try Shazz over at The Post. I know that she's a music teacher, she may be able to assist.

Thanks

Peta

Post 4

OK; so it turns out there's already an edited article on Danny Elfman - I was sure I'd checked - but it doesn't cover all the points I want to to cover. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

The Prophet.

Post 5

I don't want to nag, but it's now been a week since Peta said that my project would be added to current projects tomorrow.

The Prophet.

Post 6

Peta

Sorry. I've been away for a few days, my daughter was in hospital smiley - ill. I'm updating the page tomorrow, and I'll add you to the egroups then too. Sorry for the delay!

Peta

Post 7

No problem. I hope your daughter is OK.

The Prophet.

Post 8

Crazyspacer

Hey, good project!

I'm planning on getting my bearings here at the guide, and then starting on some film-related projects of my own. I would volunteer to help you out, but it seems to me that you've planned it well so far and I doubt that I could contribute much to your cause as of yet. Good luck!

~Crazyspacer~

Post 9

Well, four weeks into my project I still don't have a sub-ed and I'm still not listed on the main page, so I'm submitting notice of a fortnight's extension. I'd like to make the closing date on the project August 17th. I'm going to see if I can't find a sub-ed.

The Prophet.

Thread Moved

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The University Admissions Office' to 'Faculty of Arts and Entertainment'.

Project: Film Composers - Complete

Post 11

Bluebottle

Researcher: U139934 - The Prophet

Project Page: A579008 - Film Composers

Edited Entries:
A598908 - John Barry
A509320 - Alexander Courage
A583409 - Danny Elfman
A610787 - Jerry Goldsmith
A590096 - Bernard Herrmann
A553277 - Joseph LoDuca