A Conversation for The H2G2 Programmers' Corner

Apache web server and phpdev

Post 1

Wiro

I have installed phpdev5 and i want to edit the configuration of the apache server that comes with it so that it can be accessed remotly rather than only from localhost.

At the moment trying to access anything from a machine other than localhost results in a page saying forbidden.

what value in the httpd.conf do i need to change, and what to i have to change it to?

Post 2

Wiro

jsut a post to bumb this up peoples coverstation list. It is after all abit much to expect a reply from anyone on a sunday ...

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I've done it in the past, but I just can't remember how at the moment. smiley - blush If nobody else has replied by the end of the day I'll dig out my notes. smiley - geek

Post 4

Wiro

smiley - cheers it isn't urgent though, it is just me wanting to play.

Post 5

Wiro

so... no one else?

Post 6

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Apparently not. smiley - blue

OK, hang on... Check back in half an hour... smiley - run

Post 7

I don't have an unmodified copy lying around to compare, but I think this is the relevant code fragment:

# Controls who can get stuff from this server.
#
Order allow,deny
Allow from All

In your copy it'll say something like "Allow from localhost".

Hope that sorts it out, and sorry I was too busy to look it up a couple of days ago. smiley - geeksmiley - ok

Post 8

Wiro

no problem, thanks for the help, i will have a look at it when i get back onto my computer, at the moment i am attempting to earn my £1 and hour doing filiing, cept i can't find the option to create the report i need to check whats in teh file ... ohwellif i put it in datre order first im sure it will work swimmingly when i actully get teh printout smiley - erm

Post 9

Wiro

smiley - smiley found the printout, now to get away from the computer and find some space

Post 10

Wiro

smiley - cheers it seems to be working, i will jsut wait for when some of my mates are online then get them to check properly.

Post 11

smiley - coolsmiley - ok

Post 12

Wiro

*scratches head*

i really don't know if my php script is working or not, and if not why not.

i jsut spent ages thinking that it wasn't adding anything to my database.

then suddenly where i had none before i had 70!

now it not appear to be adding anyagain smiley - erm

thing is of those 70, most were blank in which case my script should have prevented it being added.

im not getting the messages from my if state ments for conditions being met/not being met.

why did it not appear to add anything then suddenly it all was added????

ARGH!!!!!

and why isn't it working ...

tries to be smiley - brave

Post 13

'Fraid I can't help with that... I've got a man who does my PHP for me... smiley - geeksmiley - biggrin

Post 14

Wiro

smiley - smiley well i need to know how to do it for my advanced highers, i think tommorw i will strip the script down and then build it up again and see where it starts to not work (or dosn't to begin with if that is the case)

Post 15

Wiro

i think before i try and debug my code i have an issue of wheter or not phpmyadmin is updating its details of what is held by mysql in the database, i havn't had problems before ...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more