A Conversation for FANTASY FOOTBALL - Season Nineteen - "The Last Chance Saloon"

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 21

Ormondroyd

smiley - run And that was cutting it very, very fine, but I hope it's OK. smiley - sorry - I have been having some 'puter issues. smiley - grovel

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 22

Mu Beta

And I'd like that entry disallowed please, given that Windass scored Hull's first goal about two minutes prior.

I'm listening to it on the radio and not happy for two reasons.

B

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 23

Ormondroyd

Damn. smiley - groan I honestly didn't know, but if that's the case then obviously you're right. smiley - blue

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 24

Mu Beta

He's put another one in now.

B

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 25

Ormondroyd

I really should have checked the kick-off times. When GD specifies a noon deadline, it usually means that one of the games is Sky's early kick-off match. They don't usually actually kick off at noon, so I thought I could probably get away with posting at about 12:02. I was checking for team news on BBC Football just before I posted, saw 'Scunthorpe v Hull live', went 'oh smiley - bleep' and clicked the live text link to see if I was too late - but at that point, I promise you, no goal or other news was listed. Oh well.

Amyway, it upsets me too that Dean Windass is scoring for Hull. I wish he was still scoring for Bradford. smiley - bigeyes

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 26

Ormondroyd

And by the way, having looked at the goal time, I doubt that I actually posted after Deano notched the opening goal, unless the game kicked off early. GD is very good at computer forensics - perhaps he can tell us?

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 27

GreyDesk

It's a close run thing. There can only be a minute or so in it between you posting your predictions and Windass scoring. But I can't tell which came first.

Ormy, given that you have always shown yourself to be an honest contributor on h2g2. I believe you when you say that you didn't realise that the first scorer had scored, and so I will accept your predictions in their entirity smiley - smiley

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 28

Br. Megachedda-I've found my apostrophe key!!!

Curse you FM 08!On it all morning, forgot about this, which matches havent kicked off?

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 29

Ormondroyd

smiley - ta hugely, GD! smiley - ok

And MuBeta - I swear on the Bradford season ticket that I am about to use that Mr Desk is right to trust me. I honestly didn't even know that the game had started, still less that the man I sometimes see spectating at Guiseley FC games had scored!

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 30

Orcus

Bugger, I was watching the liverpool match with increasing irritation as Torres put about 5 clear cut chances wide, Ormy already had a 2 pointer with Gerrard getting the first and a full house at Scunthorpe...

and then I started reading this with hope...

smiley - sadface

smiley - winkeye

Seriously, smiley - applause for the full house. Yakubu has gained me 2 points back... smiley - ok

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 31

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I know this is slightly off topic but... what a day for the north west of the country. Man Ure lose to Bolton smiley - somersault, Everton score 7 goals (a must watch on MoTD later) and City scrape a victory (my 5 year old son's first ever match - shame I couldn't be there smiley - sadface)*

*Oh and Liverpool won as well.

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 32

Demon Drawer

As the Dark Side were playing at lunch time they had the game from Falkirk on the tele and we were relying on text messages for the Liverpool score before our game kicked off.

I see none of us got the Everton score right then.

Mind you we're into the next round of the cup, confortably. 4-0 over Alloa, who have been a bit of a boggie team recently so mightily relieved.

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 33

Ormondroyd

smiley - ta for the sportsmanship, Orcus. smiley - ok Another good thing from your point of view is that at least I picked one of the few Everton players who didn't score today!

And to avoid any further awkwardness, I will definitely make sure I get my Week Seventeen predictions in good and early!

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 34

Br. Megachedda-I've found my apostrophe key!!!

nd ill be sure to get my week 17 predictions in.

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 35

egon

I was at the Everton game- I decided to go as not only am I an Everton fan,, I used to live in Sunderland so have a soft spot for them. I persuaded my Dad and sister to go with me. None of us expected that!

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 36

riotact : like a phoenix from the ashes

i'm curious to see if i won my second week in a row... i may not win, but the podium is within reach now!

FF19 - Week Sixteen

Post 37

GreyDesk

Yes, dear riotact, you did win. You got a fine 15 points including a full house. And that lifts you up the table to third place smiley - applausesmiley - cidersmiley - biggrin

As for the rest of you. Well done, it was a good scoring week. This is the sort of performance I like to see smiley - ok

Birmingham 0-2 Portsmouth (MUNTARI, Kranjcar)
Everton 7-1 Sunderland (YAKUBU, Cahill, Pienaar, Yorke, Johnson, Osman)
Newcastle 0-3 Liverpool (GERRARD, Kuyt, Babel)
Burnley 0-0 Stoke (--)
Scunthorpe 1-2 Hull (WINDASS, Forte)

Key: Complain about this post