This is the Message Centre for Mister Matty

Here's to swimming with bow-legged women!

Post 1

MrSwordStick

smiley - smiley
Zagreb, how the devil are you?
I've finally taken your advice and signed up, so show me how to set up my personal space and a' that.
There is a guide on how to do it but you've been there and done it and all that.
Speak to you soon.

Post 2

Mister Matty

Hello, sir! First off, a few places here you'll need to know: A148907 - Ask the h2g2 community. A good place to ask questions about anything (although preferably not technical questions about the site - there's a place for that but I forget what it's called - "talking about the guide" or something like that. You can start a thread by clicking on the "discuss this entry" button. You can add your two pence to a thread by clicking on "reply" whilst in it but you already knew that. A1052146 - The Open Debating Society. A place set up for reasoned debate (about pretty much anything). There are rules (very much a gentlemen's agreement since we can't enforce anything or kick anyone out) for debating here and it helps if you "announce" your arrival via this thread: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F124615?thread=279111 You have to give your political denomination, religious beliefs and "philosophy" to give people an idea of where you are coming from. If you're confused there's some examples of this on the main Debating Society page. A1146917 - this was set up as an alternative to "Ask.." and is pretty much like the Open Debating Society (only without the rules about serious debate so it's a much less political/philosophical and more "anything goes" kind of place). For the Open Debating Society and Forum I would recommend clicking on the "Click here to be notified of new Conversations about this Guide Entry" link at the bottom as this means any new threads started will appear on your personal space so you can keep up with what's being discussed. As for your Personal Space, click the "edit" button (which should be somewhere) and you can input some text about yourself so that people know who you are. You can add me to your friends list by going to my Personal Space and clicking the "add to friends" button. You can do this with anyone. Some people you will know are on my friends list such as Nizzy (Nizzy), Jacqui (w****e) and Alan (Milo). Oh, and I love the name. I'll have to try and teach you some Guide ML so you can have a picture of a dapper gentleman adventurer on your Personal Space. Zag

Post 3

MrSwordStick

Cheers for the hints and tips, I'm off on holiday next week and will take a fair bit of time to get used to the site and have a right good look round.
I do hope that I shall be able to find a most fitting picture for my personal space, if not I shall look for something like Victorian Dad or Major Misunderstanding from the Viz.
Speaking of my personal space, I'll be doing it up in a minute, along with my first journal entry, so next time you're on have a look and tell us what you think.
MSS smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mister Matty

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more