A Conversation for Scottish Researchers Group

Can I play?

Post 1

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

H'lo!smiley - smiley

Been hanging around the fringes for a while and have conversed with a few in the know, and thought it was about time that I stood up and said,

"I'm Scottish!!"smiley - biggrin

I live in the Algarve in Portugal at the moment and haven't been back to God's own country for a couple of years so I'm a bit of an ex-pat, but still got lots of family wandering about up there in the snow! I'm from the Isle of Skye originally, but spent a lot of my formative years in the good ol' burgh of Dundee and have eaten my fair share of "pehs'n'ingin bridies".

So can I play wiv you lot? I'm very quiet and don't take up too much room!smiley - evilgrin I know there's a "join up here" thread somewhere on here but it's too far down the convo list for me to ar@ed to find it!

Can I play?

Post 2

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

You know, the "official" join up thread hasn't been used in quite a wihle, as everyone who wants to join just posts a new thread anyways.smiley - smiley

I propose a bold move to hold the next SRG meet at Deakie's place!!! smiley - cheers

And I'm sure Jamie, the Redbearded one, will show up and add you any minute now.

Aaaaaaany minute now...

smiley - cider

Can I play?

Post 3

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

I had a wee nosy at his page and since he aint been around since July, I won't hold my breath!smiley - biggrin

But I'm sure there's gotta be a few smiley - stiffdrinks around here to keep me going til he shows up!!!smiley - laugh

Can I play?

Post 4

I'll gie 'im a wee ring to see what he's up tae.

Can I play?

Post 5

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

Oh, don't rush on my behalf!

I've found the bar!smiley - biggrin

Can I play?

Post 6

Zantic - Who is this woman??

ananinyinyinanaw.....peh!

Heyla deakie - I'm living in Dundee at the mo. Lovely place so it is. Shame i can't understand what half the local ones are saying (and I only come from an hour down the M9 - ah weeeel)

Nice to meet you - have a smiley - ale on me.

Zantic smiley - dragon

Can I play?

Post 7

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

Hiya Zantic,

I never understood half of them either!! I used to work for the Social Work Department covering the East of Dundee and I used to hate the days when I'd get sent to Fintry and Whitfield, cos I didn't have a clue what the auld dears were saying! I used to nod and say "yeah, I understand" an awful lot!!!

Wallaces peh's are the best!!!!

Can I play?

Post 8

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Oh no not another one
and a highlander to boot

Hello Deakie, and have a smiley - ale on me,
I'm from kilmarnock but I'm currently stuck south of the border
*sigh*
its just not the same...

Can I play?

Post 9

Zantic - Who is this woman??

Wallaces pehs are best, but the coffee tower from Fisher and Donaldson kicks metaphorical butt (the literal butt it just increases in size! smiley - winkeye )

Zantic smiley - dragon

Can I play?

Post 10

tom

Any town that fixes it's main webcam on a statue of Desperate Dan can't be far wrong.smiley - winkeye

Can I play?

Post 11

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

Never trust a town where everyone claims to live in Broughty Ferry and where the local University has to call itself Abertay so as not to frighten everyone off smiley - winkeye

Can I play?

Post 12

Usually I head up to Dundee about ince or twice a year to play fotball (of the American kind) at Dawson Park. After that, we head to some sports bar in Broughty Ferry for some post game food, but thefood at the pub kind of sucks, so we tend to head for the nearby Chinese place.

Key: Complain about this post