A Conversation for Superfluidity

Thread Moved

Post 41

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'Superfluidity'.

This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review Forum because your entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

You can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

Thread Moved

Post 42

Ugi - Keeper of typos & spelling errers - MAT (see A575912)

Congrats - smiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Ugi

Thread Moved

Post 43

Orcus

Yay!

Nice one MichaelHe2 smiley - smiley

Thread Moved

Post 44

Dancer (put your advert here)

Congrads.

smiley - hsif
Dancer

A591699 - Superfluidity

Post 45

MichaelHe2

Perhaps you should simply skip the paragraph on the "Two Fluid Model" and concentrate on the weird behaviour of the liquid smiley - smiley

Hmm, what is the difference between liquid and fluid? Is everything fluid that can flow (gases and liquids)? It seems as you have a made a very good point here! (And I am doubtlessly outed as a non native speaker smiley - blushsmiley - smiley ).

A591699 - Superfluidity

Post 46

MichaelHe2

Your ref 4) went in my article on "cooling techniques" being published very soon.

Your ref 3): Heat travels in HeII by the speed of sound which is quite high (not remembering the exact value I would say 240m/s or so) compared to normal heat conduction.

Your ref 2): You are right, mentioning desities is not necessary at this point and might confuse the reader

Your ref 1): Only Bosons can make BEC, Fermions can't, but they simulate somewhat by building cooper pairs. Superfluidity is based on BEC of 10% of the atoms....

bye
MichaelHe2

A591699 - Superfluidity

Post 47

MichaelHe2

I added a footnote on the Kelvin scale.

MichaelHe2

A591699 - HeLL or Heii ?

Post 48

Konrad (1x6^(9-8)x(8-1)=42) (OMFC) (Goo at work, alabaster at home)

Hi ppl,

I'm subediting this one, and I wonder if anyone can think of a good way to render HeII (he-ii)in a way that it doesn't look like Hell (that hot place they send nasty ppl to) which I find distracting. Its been suggested that I use He-II, is this an acceptable? What do you think?

Konrad

A591699 - HeLL or Heii ?

Post 49

Dancer (put your advert here)

Well, I can think of a couple bu I don't know which is approperiate:

HeII
He2
He-II

or, amybe leave it as HeII and just use a footnote on the first accurance that says it's not the sulpharic agonising place but a way to write He2.

smiley - hsif
Dancer

A591699 - HeLL or Heii ?

Post 50

HappyDude

you could just write Helium-II or Helium-Two instead of abreviating

Key: Complain about this post