that is the reaction. Someone please explain this strange phe

The Peter Frampton Conundrum

Post 2

DikMik

He has a big family.

Post 3

Wood Nymph

I've heard that it was a studio album. I think that's why they called it "...comes alive" as opposed to "Live" which would have been fraudulent.

Post 4

Q

Having been involved in Rock'n'Roll touring and such like for more years than I care to recount I would venture to suggest that , maybe, just maybe, the vastly enthusiastic crowd were dubbed on afterwards. One artist i worked with had a large tape running all around the studio with crowd cheering type noises on it.
I worked with Peter Frampton in 1978 on a European Tour and the sight that I will never forget is when we (sweaty roadies all) were loading out of the venue in Switzerland and the 'star' was leaving. His two bodyguards flanked the exit and, cloaked in a large fur coat, Peter swished into the chilly Swiss air fully prepared to brush aside autograph hunters and swooning girlies. Only to find no autograph hunters and swooning girlies. Ah sweet moments.

Post 5

Tron.54485

Drugs. They were on lots of drugs. And they knew they would probably be going home with some carefully selected crowd member.

Post 6

Gurgi

I have to say that I too have heard if was not a "live" album. And actually, it doesn't really sound all that live, his voice and the music are really quite to clear for live recordings of that vintage.

Post 7

Researcher 82594

It was surely the facination with the sound that came from the spittle soaked dishwasher hose that the guitar ( axe ! ) was feeding back throuh .
I personally remember being fascinated by the sound and rushing to the shed to construct a similar device.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more