This is the Message Centre for DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

After Years

Post 1

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

It's been nigh on ten or nine years since I was on h2g2. A lot has changed.

The reason I was gone was because the BBC login service attached to postmaster.co.uk croaked my password. Also did I mention Bibliotec who ran poastmaster.co.uk died a most undignified death.

So I was very much out of luck from accessing my account. But recently I got news that h2g2 wasn't on the BBC any more and thanks to the kind moderators, I have my account back.

Thank you moderators!

After Years

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

There have bee a *lot* of changes! It's a bit quieter around here lately, as well *accepts Understatement of the Year Award smiley - winkeye*

After Years

Post 3

Yes I see a massive site like an empty city with a few cloth torn survivors kicking about pushing trolleys.

But there's still some names like yourself who are great to see smiley - biggrin

I forgot how to post smilies though smiley - erm

After Years

Post 4

Icy North

Welcome back, Doctor MO. I wish it were in better circumstances for the project.

You'll find a few hardy souls congregating in the Askh2g2 forum, but there's precious little creative activity going on - just enough to keep a few Edited Guide entries rolling, and the h2g2 Post of course - Dmitri's doing a fine job with that.

I really hope there's a solution somewhere to the malaise, but I don't see any good signs.

After Years

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Whilst there are badgers still singing,

After Years

Post 6

Icy - There are a few things, but it's one of those things where h2g2 has so much competition now online. Not that it couldn't put itself back together though. Shame about the BBC, such a large corporation doesn't really know how to share and enjoy at the key times smiley - erm

2legs!

After Years

Post 7

I don't think I'm allowed to leave the site anymore..... in the same way nighthoover just wanted to leave.... I coudln't, even if I wanted too! smiley - laugh err... or something smiley - headhurtssmiley - cdoublesmiley - alienfrownsmiley - badgersmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffs

After Years

Post 8

2legs - that does make a bit of sense. I mean we always kept the bar well stocked and a infinite supply of biscuits and tea. You can understand why I wanted back in smiley - winkeye

After Years

Post 9

Vip

*waves*

It is very quiet. I can't quite leave, the force of habit is too strong, but I feel we've lost the critical mass for h2g2 to move on to be more than it is today. Sad times, but at least we are still here. smiley - smiley

Creativity takes time, and time is a precious resource. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy

After Years

Post 10

Icy North

We've not quite lost the critical mass - just the mass. We're as critical as ever smiley - smiley

After Years

Post 11

Vip

smiley - rofl

smiley - fairy

After Years

Post 12

hey! some of us are still 'critical' smiley - nursesmiley - ill so lng as they keep the life-support running smiley - zensmiley - snork

After Years

Post 13

Hey Vip!

I'm as massive as ever smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post