This is the Message Centre for DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Visa Vista

Post 1

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

After 9 months of puting up with work and stressing about this whole move to the USA I've finaly got my K1 Visa to marry my beloved Teru.

I went to the embasy a whole hour before the 9:30 time on the letter (I got up at 5am) I had my full suite on with tie. 3 queues, 4 security checks of various kinds then a virtual queue (2 hours later) check all my forms are in order next virtual queue (20 minutes later) ask me some not very hard questions and thats it... approved. I had to ask the guy to confirm it because I was a little in shock.

But happy, very very happy.

There was one person ahead of me in the queues; from India who was getting a torist visa. he's a Cisco Networking MA doing his PhD in the UK and he was still waiting when I exited. smiley - erm I hope he managed to get everything sorted because I figured he'd be processed quickly and I'd be the one waiting until 5pm.

OK so I gets out, mind in a spin, headache and the rest but happy anyway. when I get a text for my old friend from Bibliotech asking for some help with a Linux server. unfortunatly there isn't external ssh access to I have to journey all the way to High Wycombe; earned a little extra money too for the wedding and I saved his arse too which is nice.

Visa Vista

Post 2

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

congrats...may the home of the brave be with you!

Visa Vista

Post 3

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Thank you!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more