This is the Message Centre for Peanut

Best foot forward

Post 21

Peanut

I thought of you today when we visited a church and the ropes for the bells were just there smiley - bigeyes

I am a very bad person for also thinking that I am glad we went today and not tomorrow when there would have been just a little temptation to do a Ding Dong

we wouldn't have, out of respect for the bells.

Actually didn't hurt after the strimming as it turned out. Nutureing seedlings is a tough as it got today smiley - biggrin

This weekend the real digging up of the garden begins, expect whinging...

Best foot forward

Post 22

Peanut

So a progress report.

The patio has been cleared and organised smiley - cheers to Spiller for that.

The veggie patch is dug and now we are just de-cloding smiley - puff Hiccup has been doing a stirling job hacking away and I have been forking

I have had to resort to using chemicals, on the big hogweed that I haven't been able to remove and on some sycamore trees that I have battleing with for years and are becoming a threat to the drain, fence and a wall. Injected it in and it breaks down quick.

I found 6 more hog weeds, but am gettting good at spotting the blighters so can remove them manually when they are tiny.

Still don't know what is in the compost pile, stuck a finger yesterday and got nipped by an annoyed smiley - spidersmiley - laugh Need a better torch

We are painting Hiccup bedroom, first coat is on I think we will be able to do another before Doctor Who

Started clearing the flower border on other side of garden.

I blitzed the house on Thursay and it was lovely, not by tidy peoples standards but by ours smiley - winkeye and the garden looked good. I had the basics of a couple days meals done.

But now everything is tatty again, it is productive tattiness but meep, wondered if I had bitten off more than I could chew, have to remind myself there is no hurry.

So now I have taken a break, I'm off to do the washing up, clean out the bath which is muddy due to cleaning muddy stuff in it smiley - erm and rake up stinging nettles

Key: Complain about this post

Best foot forward

More Conversations for Peanut

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more