This is the Message Centre for minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

All was as suspected.

Post 1

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Well I'm just back for a visit to the Doctors.

I have PCOS. I'm being referred to Gynaecology.

The GP surgery doesn't do tests for Insulin Resistance (which goes hand in hand with PCOS) but Gynaecology might.

Apparently the lining of my uterus looks 'frilly' probably due to my irregular cycles.

I'm still keeping track of those BTW.

8th feb - 25th mar 45 days
25th mar - 2nd may 38 days
2nd may - 27th may 25 days
27th may - 23rd jul 57 days
23rd jul - 31 aug 39 days
31 aug - 28 sept 28 days
28 sept - 18 oct 20 days
18 oct - 10 nov 23 days
10 nov -

smiley - sigh

minismiley - mouse

All was as suspected.

Post 2

Z

smiley - hug at least they found something.

All was as suspected.

Post 3

smiley - hugsmiley - tea

All was as suspected.

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

Try not to work yourself up over it. smiley - hugsmiley - tea

All was as suspected.

Post 5

You can call me TC

I don't understand how irregular cycles can change the inside of your uterus. I would have thought that the irregular shape of the uterus made the cycles irregular. But I haven't had a uterus for about 15 years now and may not be up to date on things.

All was as suspected.

Post 6

Agapanthus

Mouse - smiley - cuddle. I say B*GG*R on your behalf. I'm glad they're referring you to a gynae. GPs only know about PCOS in the broadest outliniest way and most of them are behind-the-times about treating it.

Also, please, for the love of Bob, don't assume you'll end up anything like me. I know I have had such a cr*ppy experience I am practically sitting on the roof-tree wailing omens like a banshee, but I am a worst-case-scenario and have several other things wrong with me as well. MOST women with PCOS, especially if it's caught and treated young (and you are young! Hurray!) have very few problems, both with their cycles and with making beautiful babies.

TC - if the lining of the uterus isn't shed regularly (ie when you have a period), it carries on growing when it shouldn't, and that's what makes it look 'frilly' - lining overgrowth. It can (CAN. I said CAN, not will - NO PANICKING) develop into polyps (that cause infertility and irregular bleeding). The shape of the actual uterus is totally irrelevant to how regular one's periods are. THAT's entirely down to hormones, which trigger the lining to grow, stop growing, shed, in a preferably regular cycle.

All was as suspected.

Post 7

Shea the Sarcastic

smiley - goodluck with everything. I'll add you to my prayers ... if you believe in that ... even if you don't believe, I'm doing it anyway, so there. smiley - winkeye

All was as suspected.

Post 8

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

see my recent journal for an update on all things female.

minismiley - mouse

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more