A Conversation for Baling Twine

Duct Tape?

Post 1

Pyrex Muse of Unbreakable Space-age Wonder Glass, Student of Life, Keeper of the Seven Keys of Ventuslor

I thought I might point out that HVAC contractors tend to use DUCT tape more than a plumber, therefore a better analogy might be Bailing Twine: Farmer as Duct tape : A HVAC tech.

Duct Tape?

Post 2

Vandervecken

By the way, a note for my fellow Brits who may not know: It's the American word for Gaffer Tape! smiley - smiley

Duct Tape?

Post 3

Klinkehoffen

Wosser HVAC Contractor?

Duct Tape?

Post 4

Barton

Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.

Barton

Duct Tape?

Post 5

Pyrex Muse of Unbreakable Space-age Wonder Glass, Student of Life, Keeper of the Seven Keys of Ventuslor

Correctamundo...

Yes We do use it as gaffer tape also, on stage, only it tends to be black instead of grey/silver. Another great tape, however, is Ordinance Tape it is like duct tape only it has a metal weave and is almost impossable to break. It is also the strongest in the adhesion department. Duct tapes also come in various qualities, such as whimpy (tears easyly and comes off with small ammounts of force or heat) macho (holds up larger loads, takes more to tear than just a flip of the wrist and holds up to heat well but bitter cold will destroy the adhesive) and super-duper (super strong, holds very well, used to hold cars togeather in North Idaho, Tears only if you have mastered the art of tape tearing, and will withstand heat and cold, in otherwords, the tape we use on ducts and everything that needs good securing, such as little siblings. smiley - smiley

Duct Tape?

Post 6

Barton

Just for the record:

The Federal Aviation Administration (US FAA) has specific regulations as to how much duct tape may be used to repair holes in aircraft.

Happy flying.

Barton

Duct Tape?

Post 7

Of corse it still makes me nervous when I see a hole patched by ducy tape. no matter how strong it is still a tape... that holds the world togeather!

Key: Complain about this post