This is the Message Centre for DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Vile behaviour - 14th April 2004

Post 1

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

The following is a copy of the email I've just sent to the moderators... about what a reasearcher has done to our family.
I want everyone who reads my journal to know what this person is capable of...
"We are being harassed by a researcher who calls himself Blickybadger, U538645. He has somehow managed to add himself to our Friends lists, and has done that even to my brother Empty Sky, who died on 1st March this year. Tnis is a complete desecration, and while other things he has done are bad enbough, this is the worst he has ever done.
We want him deleted and blacklisted at the very least - does he have no idea how much hurt he has caused by this juvenile piece of monkeying around?
We don't know how he did it, and when I challenged him days ago, he had the nerve to try to imply that it had been done by other son, who is here under the name Apparition. Somehow, he has also deleted Apparitions other identity, ®™©, from our spaces. I would like to request that a human send an email to either of us about this, as soon as possible.
Blickybadger should not be able to do *anything* on our spaces, especially Empty Sky's.
from Della the Cat Woman and Maths Wizard."
I like to think that people who really belong on our friends list will be able to understand what an outrage this is, and what pain and anger we are feeling...

Post 2

badger party tony party green party

When I suggested you talk to "Appy" about all this stuff is because he works with computers, what you take it to mean is what you take it to mean.

So you want me deleted *and* blaclisted, how is that going to worksmiley - huh

Della, havent I tried time and time again to explain to you that its often not a good idea to go around jumping to conclusions. If I wanted to annoy you do you think I'd bother going to those lengths? It is quite easy to do so without even trying so what would I have to gain by doing what you say?

The next reply I make on this subject, on any of the multiple threadssmiley - erm is when you or anyone else has found either evidence or motive to back up your libelous accusations.

one love smiley - rainbow

Post 3

katkodl

I didn’t know that you’ve lost your brother. I feel very sorry to hear that.

kat

Post 4

Saturnine

I don't understand.

What has blicky done to deserve being blacklisted from hootoo? smiley - erm If this is about sensitivities towards something that has happened in real life, then what has that got to do with this site? I know you two have clashed and everything, but trying to get people actively kicked off a site? smiley - erm

I am confused.

Post 5

Researcher 524695

Sat: allow me to explain what has happened.

Death-threat Della's son (who goes by the name of "Apparition" on hootoo) has another account, which used to be called "Wraith" (ya see what he did there? smiley - winkeye).

Naturally, Death-threat Della and her late brother had this account on their "Friends" list, presumably because given the sort of people they are, the only "Friends" they can muster are people they're related to.

Fine.

So five days ago, "Apparition"/"Wraith" decides, for reasons of his own, to change the screenname of the "Wraith" account. He makes it a perfect replica of blickybadger's. He further goes on to duplicate blickybadger's personal space. I can think of no honourable reason why he would do such a thing, and can think of several dishonourable things that would be perfectly in character. In any event, such impersonation is
1. against House Rules of h2g2 and
2. pointless because everyone has a unique user number anyway.

Unfortunately, Wraith neglected to tell Mummy what new mischief he was up to.

Death-threat Della wakes up (five DAYS later...) and finds the hated foreigner blickybadger on her "Friends" list. Not only that, but on the "Friends" list of her sainted late brother. Her instant response is to:
1. write an impassioned journal entry about lowlife behaviour and how terrible it all is and how this appalling behaviour is having a terrible effect on her family (obviously not stopping to check with her family...)
2. send an "official complaint" to the moderators of h2g2 accusing blickybadger (the REAL blickybadger, not her son) of hacking - after all, there's no OTHER way his name could get on her "Friends" list and Empty Sky's "Friends" list, is there? (note: I'm on her Friends list. I have no idea why.)
3. make an honest to goodness "serious death threat" (her words, not mine) against blickybadger himself on behalf of her other son, here styled "Math Wizard". (I assume she did so because he's too inarticulate to write out a death threat himself without help). It was most certainly not a joke - she reiterated that it was a "serious threat". (that posting is now hidden, unsurprisingly).

It was pointed out to her that in fact no hacking had gone on, the real blickybadger had done literally nothing AT ALL, and the only reason the name "blickybadger" appeared in her friends list is because her stupid, dishonest elder son was attempting to impersonate another h2g2 user in direct contravention of the rules of the site.

Rather than check to see if this was true, she shrilly denied that any such thing had happened, and called those who enlightened her "liars".

It really is quite hilarious.

The current situation is that the Editors of h2g2 (i.e. the people Della *should* have complained to, IF anything untoward had actually happened, which of course it demonstrably hasn't) have asked that people "walk away" from rows about this. I've done so. I post this solely to enlighten you, since you asked.

I hope this information is of interest.

Post 6

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Thank you, katkodl, it was very recent... I appreciate your sympathy.

Post 7

Apparition™ (Mourning Empty the best uncle anyone could wish for)

"Naturally, Death-threat Della and her late brother had this account on their "Friends" list, presumably because given the sort of people they are, the only "Friends" they can muster are people they're related to."

Member you again show yourself for the vile worm you are. Only a wimp of the lowest order insults the dead.

Post 8

Researcher 524695

Surely a lower level of wimp is someone who lacks the brains or the guts to issue their own death threats, so they run to their mommy to get her to do it for them?

Or possibly someone who tries to impersonate and discredit someone they hate, but actually ends up making their own mother look like a reactionary idiot?

Post 9

Apparition™ (Mourning Empty the best uncle anyone could wish for)

Nice try coward

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 10

Matholwch - Brythonic Tribal Polytheist

Ok everybody I've been away just a few days and my whole friends list implodes. I have read all around the subject and am willing, as a neutral outsider to don the blue helmet. Any objections?

Right. Although many of the people who are embroiled in this situation could not be said to be friends, they have managed previously to conduct themselves with a certain amount of decorum, and their differences have created a number of memorable and interesting debates. This is one of the purposes of h2g2, so this is good.

However, this whole situation is just unacceptable to any of us. We all value the platform that h2g2 gives us to air and develop our views too much to allow such playground antics to destroy its unique place in our online lives.

Thus I propose the following:

1. Wraith/Apparition. Why you did this I have no idea, nor any interest in understanding. Be a man and just delete the offending identity. I suggest that you may wish to at least apologise to your mother.

2. Della. I know you are in a very difficult time and the stress of recent events have left you far more sensitive than your normal rational self. React as you would have your Lord would. Look calmly at the facts and, if they support what Member has outlined, deal with it inside your family. A small apology (it doesn't have to be public) to the real blickybadger would show you to be the woman I have come to like.

3. Blickybadger and Member. Let it lie. After all, rash words spoken in a moment of passion are something we have all been guilty of in our lives. Give Della some space to deal with this.

4. Moderators/Editors. Please let us try to deal with this within the group. We will call on you if the situation gets out of control.

Peace, love and purpose to you all,
Matholwch /|\.

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 11

Matholwch - Brythonic Tribal Polytheist

Hi All,

Just a cursory search has revealed the following, though I know some of you have already seen this.

The original blickybadger is researcher number U221317.
The erstatz blickybadger is researcher number U538645.

The journal entries in the original have dates that start at Dec 16 2003 and go back from there (blicky doesn't do journals much). The original also has a number of active forum threads.

The journal entries in the copy have dates that start at 6 days ago only. The copy also has no active forum threads.

Are the Editors able to track back the previous 'identities' of a researcher number? This would be useful.

Blessings,
Matholwch /|\.

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 12

Researcher 524695

"Are the Editors able to track back the previous 'identities' of a researcher number? This would be useful."

Perhaps, but hardly necessary in this case. Wraith didn't do a particularly thorough job of impersonation. Take a look at the fake blickybadger's older conversations, and you'll see his original ACE greeting - entitled "Welcome to h2g2 the wraith", and another conv entitled "Hi wraith." Bit of a giveaway...

F1697006

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 13

Thankyou but no thank you Mathowlch.

Suppose if upon closer inspection The Wraith's deceptions had not been so tranparent, do you think Della would have called off her demands that I be banned and bliack listed?

Yes everyone knows about the previous between Della and I, if they look around they will see how her widely spread accusations have not been matched by widely spread retractions. So Im asking you as someone I know to be balanced and impartial:

What would be happening know if the truth had not been unearthed?

Where is the apoplogy from The Wraith? Who was not attacking what I say or think, but chose to try and drop me in the doodoo.

What about The Wraiths tactics, which he himself calls "campaigns of hate" and "harassment" which he has applied to researchers Montana Redhead, Dave Obvious, Ferettebadger and Sergeant Flipper to name just a few. To the extent that he "monkeyed" Flippers personal Email account where afterwards Flipper found himself inudated with spam so that he had to change his Email account and h2g2 account.

I dont like the yikes button I have only used it once, on Member as it happens where I thought one of his sarcastic remarks constituted an uncalled for and offensive joke.

I see sarcasm and frank stating of the truth combined into satire to be a valuable tool in showing people how absurd their actions are. You Mathowlch, I know have different ways. You and your methods have earnt my respect however Della and the Wraith have done the complete opposite.

In short I think the apology *has* to be as public as the accusation. I agree that people should not be held accountable for transgressions indefinately but what if someone shows no real remorse and infact makes the same transgressions time and again?

one love smiley - rainbow

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 14

azahar

Della has removed this journal entry from her page, which also unsubscribes her.

az

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 15

Its a shame, much as I enjoy the rough and tumble stuff I would honestly prefer harmonious behaviour. Thind is I cant let some aggression and persecution that goes beyond "posting style" go unchallenged.

I have offered Della advice about this over and over. She does not have to do what I say all it would take if she really wants to avoid this sort of thing is to think about what she is posting.

I really hope she can sort herself out.

Oh and as for the thing you asked me in the Email, you know I'll do my best for yousmiley - ok

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 16

azahar

blicky,

I agree that both Wraith and Della should apologise to you, though it seems that Wraith enjoys the rough and tumble stuff even more than you do. Also, it must have taken a long time to set up that fake blicky page so he is obviously a bit obsessed about you.

What I can't understand is how he has got away with breaking house rules without at least being put on pre-mod. And surely death threats are not only against house rules but also illegal.

A very nasty business. Perhaps Della will apologise for her part but it doesn't seem like Wraith will, even though he was the one to start all this.

az

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 17

Researcher 524695

What's the betting that any "apology" is phrased along the lines of "I'm sorry you were the most obvious suspect", or similar?

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 18

azahar

Member,

Well, any attempt to try and blame blicky for her response would certainly not be any sort of apology at all. Worse still was Apparition using his dead uncle as an excuse to pick another fight with you on 'ask h2g2' this morning - wording his posting as if you had just said the comment about Empty sky having no friends out of the blue, as if it had nothing to do with him. I found that quite deplorable and much more of an insult to the dead than your offhand comment had been.

Meanwhile, none of this would have happened if Apparition hadn't pulled his little stunt. Has there even been an explanation for why he did it? I wonder if this will somehow end up being blicky's 'fault' as well. smiley - erm

az

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 19

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F72097?thread=404831

A Call for Peace /|\.

Post 20

Saturnine

smiley - erm

Most unpleasant.

Thankyou Member, for making it clear.

Apparition, grow the smiley - bleep up. As much as I respect Della, your uncle was not sacred. It's far more vile to use him as an excuse for dysfunctional behaviour than it is to insult him now that he is no longer alive.

smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post