A Conversation for Intelligence

Peer Review: A569586 - Intelligence

Post 1

soushanstarra

Entry: Intelligence - A569586
Author: Bright Blue Shorts - U116149

I thought it was interesting and discussed many forms of intelligence and intelligence testing.

A569586 - Intelligence

Post 2

Potholer

Definitely interesting.

From a quick read:

The references do break up the flow in places, and it isn't always obvious exactly what they are there for (for example, I'm uncertain what the early references to Gardner and Kline are there for - they don't seem to be in regard to a piece of quoted text).

There are rather a large number of references. Possibly a shorter list that would enable someone to get an overview of the different schools of thought might be sufficient. The layout with references efectively in the middle of the article might lead some people to stop reading at that point.

The paragraph just before 'bibliography' seems rather similar to a longer one a few earlier. Maybe it's a leftover from editing?

A569586 - Intelligence

Post 3

David Conway

Given that BBS is a participant in the Intelligence Project at A584525, I have to wonder whether this entry should be in Peer Review right now.

No strong opinion on way or the other, but BBS or Xyroth might have an opinion.

NBY

A569586 - Intelligence

Post 4

Bright Blue Shorts

Hmmm ...

1) these were a couple of essays I wrote at Uni when I was studying Psychology. IIRC I put them in here because someone had put another Intelligence entry that I considered pretty awful. I was really just trying to demonstrate that there are many other things to consider in the 'world' of intelligence and writing an Guide entry.

2) This clearly is *not* ready for PR. It's at best a Writing Workshop effort.

3) I expect there is already an entry on Intelligence in the Guide already, in which case this needs retitling or to be merged in with the other.

It's something I could consider revisitin when I get beyond all my other commitments, for example finishing the Volleyball entry.

BBS smiley - smiley

A569586 - Intelligence

Post 5

Dr Hell

Oh no not that again! smiley - winkeye

Why did you put it in PR then BBS?

Cheerio...

HELL

A569586 - Intelligence

Post 6

Potholer

BBS didn't, unless soushanstarra is a sock-puppet of theirs, though I must admit that I'd assumed BBS had until I looked closer.

A569586 - Intelligence

Post 7

Cyzaki

So what's going on here? Is it being moved out of PR?

smiley - panda

A569586 - Intelligence

Post 8

Dr Hell

Who gets to do it BBS or soushanstarra? Or scouts? I second a move in any case. And would ask BBS to check the 'not for review' button, just in case.

HELL

A569586 - Intelligence

Post 9

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I agree, it should be moved, whoever does it. I'm on my way out the door, else I would start up another MOVES email.

smiley - cheers

A569586 - Intelligence

Post 10

GreyDesk

I shall stick it on my 'moves' e-mail.

A569586 - Intelligence

Post 11

Dr Hell

don't worry, I've done it already smiley - winkeye

HELL

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more