A Conversation for Beyond Hack and Slash - the birth of roleplaying in M*s.

A566129 - Beyond Hack and Slash - the birth of roleplaying in

Post 1

Aka Raine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A566129

This entry, I feel, adds a both a little history and substance to the other entries I have seen in the guide. It also does mention M*s other than MUDs - which, if you do a search for online role-playing, you get an entry that focuses primarily on the world of MUDs, with the second entry focusing on table-top RPGs. As an avid gamer, I want to let people know there is more to online role-playing than games that focus on going out, killing the monster and giving the treasure. I have attempted to do so via a small history and a few links. I hope you consider this to be edited.

Post 2

kabads

A good entry!

I like it, although I think the title might need a change - the M* could be misleading - I think I know what you mean, by using it as a wildcard, but I think it would be better being bit more specific.

Post 3

kabads

You'll be glad to know that we think this entry is great, and it has now gone into the Editorial Process for future inclusion in the Edited Guide.

When it does get into the Edited Guide, we will email to let you know, but please bear in mind it can take a while for entries to go through the sub-editing system.

Congratulations!

Post 4

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they have not been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more