A Conversation for Morgan Motor Company

Great article for the non-car enthusiast!

Post 1

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

Just wanted to drop a line and say I loved this article. I am not a car fanatic, although I have great respect for the old-look, nostalgic cars of yester-year. It's great to see a piece of history eschewing modern manufacturing practices, and being successful!

And am I right in thinking that this breed of car was featured in Mr Bean's shows (the car that regularly got run off the road by Bean)?

Post 2

Ausnahmsweise, wie üblich (Consistently inconsistent)

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

I've seen only a few Mr. Bean episodes, but I think the car he ran of the road was a three wheeler Bond or Reliant.

I am of course the "One owner ... who battled with the German TUV" and exported the car to Canada. I still own the car.

Awu

Post 3

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

Fabulous display of stubbornness - and why not?

Post 4

Jeffimix

defied German politicos, ugh, thats hard
good work

Post 5

Researcher 187551

as a morgan fan it is indeed a good summary of morgantics

mr bean's arch-enemy was Reliant Robin powered - a mode of travel also well known to "Only Fools & Horses" fans ferrying Del & "Dave" & the vital life-blood of TITS (Trotter's International TraderS) known throughout the Trading Underworld - Paris, New York, Rome & Peckham

Post 6

Marie Rivendell

Am I totally wrong in assuming that Mr. Bean own a morris mini??? Anyway, love Morgans as well. I just wondered: How much are they, these days? Poor student I am, so it will be quite a few days vefore I can actually afford one, but still... I've heard they're not too comfortable (can't remember my one ride in a Morgan well enough to tell myself), how bad is it? Loved the article, anyway!

Post 7

Ausnahmsweise, wie üblich (Consistently inconsistent)

You're right - Mr. Bean owned a Mini. But there was often a three wheeler that he would push out of the way to get a parking spot, etc.

I have no idea what a new Morgan costs today. I paid about 3500 pounds for mine in 1976.

The ride is a bit hard on rough roads. And the rain finds its way between the soft top and the windscreen. The seats can only be adjusted back and forth. But it's not about comfort smiley - winkeye

Awu

Post 8

Marie Rivendell

I know... If it were I'd dream of the new Morgan (not quite good ...) Or a Fiat Multipla (yuck, øv, Nononononoooo --- It looks like Uncle Scrooge's beak when he's angry in a Don Rosa story(ok, that made no sense. But it is ugly and reputedly very comfortable)). But I have my fancy already settled, now it just left to get A: the money, B: the Car and C: The drivers license (maybe not in that order, though smiley - biggrin ). And there features a funny little three-wheler in "The Party" with Peter Sellers as well. I'll have to loók for the other one next time I see Bean, never noticed it before ..

Key: Complain about this post