This is the Message Centre for Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

This chapter of my book sucks (the rest aren't great either tbf)

Post 1

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

I know, I know. But it's true, considering what happens in it (which I won't post here) it's bloody awful, just doesn't seem to have any impact whatsoever. I've never really been one to cry/get emotional and books/films, and of course being the one writing it will mean I see it in a different light as well, but it's still not so great.

Still, there are plenty more revisions that I know are needed for the whole book, nevermind that chapter. Then the feedback from proof-reader etc will be invaluable in letting me know what does/doesn't work. That's just for the story, not the horrendous grammar crimes and so on that I've committed.

Ah well, I am exhausted and sort of tired of it now. A break for the rest of today, I have a date with some pizza's and probably should go for a walk as well.

And of course writing program is being an arse. Ah well, maybe after a restart it will co-operate.

Post 2

Icy North

Maybe you don't need impact at that point in your story.

Did you read 'Wind in the Willows'? The chapter 'The Piper at the Gates of Dawn' is a very dreamy sequence seemingly removed from the rest of the fast-moving plot, but it's beautifully written, and makes the reader pick up the plot with a fresh mind when the next chapter begins.

Post 3

I haven't read it actually, I shall add it to my list of books.smiley - ok

Post 4

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

How have you not read wind in the willows?

*wanders off ranting about kids these days*

smiley - winkeye

I'm somewhat in need of books to read atm, am getting rather bored smiley - choc

Post 5

I have vague memories of it, did they do a film of it or something?

What do you mean kids these days?! Cheeky git :P

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more