This is the Message Centre for Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

Oblivion

Post 1

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

By Wednesday I should have Oblivion with both the expansions! My brothers have also ordered it and a hardrive for the Xbox.smiley - sighStupid consoles. £55 quid for a 60GB harddrive. My harddrive was £35 for 500gb for comparison.

Oblivion

Post 2

myk

smiley - sigh Sits here staring at his pc with a massive 10gig hdd (good old Linux eh smiley - winkeye )

Sounds cool m8 smiley - smiley

smiley - envy

Oblivion

Post 3

smiley - okStill haven't got Linux installed on this one yet, the drivers keep giving me grief.

Oblivion

Post 4

myk

smiley - goodluck m8 - maybe a diferent flavour Linux would work better?

Oblivion

Post 5

Possibly. I'm was using them on a debian based distro which rules out a few distros. I may try the open-source drivers though.smiley - biggrin

Oblivion

Post 6

myk

Have you tried debian itself? smiley - bigeyes

Happy gamimg ! smiley - ok

Oblivion

Post 7

Downloading one of the texture replaces is takig forever. 1.7gb at roughly 50-60 kb/ssmiley - headhurts My main issue now is do play Oblivion with mods first or install them later? Hmmm. Any ideas?

Oblivion

Post 8

Superfrenchie

smiley - bigeyes

smiley - wow I understood a word! smiley - laugh

Oblivion

Post 9

Hi SF!smiley - biggrin

Presumably that word wasn't "takig". Cos I don't know what that means either and I typed it. Still, it's not as bad as Moonhog's Happy New Year Journal Entrysmiley - whistle

Oblivion

Post 10

Superfrenchie

smiley - laugh Actually, it was!!!! smiley - rofl

How's life, then? smiley - smiley

Oblivion

Post 11

IctoanAWEWawi

I'd play as is (assuming it's all patched up) but would recommend the following:

DarNified UI - includes the BTMod - MUCH improved interface. More info on the screen and you can alter the screen interface settings in game. Really does improve the playing experience
OR
Just get BTMod.

as does "Elven Cartographers - Map & Icons"
This really improves the local area look and feel and mods the map and directional icons as well.

Basically I'd say those two are essential as the improve the interface immeasurably.

Natural Environments is very pretty, but not essential.

Also the Unofficial Oblivion Patch can be worth getting - depends on whether you find the bugs it resolves a problem or not. Personally I don't.

The only other mod I run is the armamentarium (complete) which adds a lot of new weapons and armour to the game, all properly integrated.

Oh, and I do run a few extra quests every now and then.

Oblivion

Post 12

You're impervious to lilitis?!smiley - wow

I'm not bad, got a bit of homew*rk to do but not much.smiley - smiley

Finally got the download finished, left it on when I went out to get new shoes for school as my (now) old pair have finally given in and died.smiley - laugh

Oblivion

Post 13

smiley - okThanks. I've got a couple of those, and a few others: Qarls Texture Pack III and various quest ones.smiley - smiley

Oblivion

Post 14

IctoanAWEWawi

cool smiley - smiley
Think I might have Qarl's too.

Currently waiting for
http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middle-earth-roleplaying-mod/news/merp-024-beta-is-here

and possibly this

http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fates-edge/news

Oblivion

Post 15

Ooh, looks good.smiley - biggrin There was a mod for Morrowind that basically re-created Tamriel. I wonder If they'll do anything like that for Oblivion.smiley - smiley

Oblivion

Post 16

To answer my own question: Yes of course they'll do something like it for Oblivion.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/tamriel-rebuilt

Oblivion

Post 17

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

they're babbling SF :D

Oblivion

Post 18

smiley - tongueout

Got Oblivion on Tuesday. 2 days ahead of predicted delivery date.smiley - somersault It's good fun.smiley - biggrin

See, no babbling!smiley - winkeye

Oblivion

Post 19

Superfrenchie

smiley - shrug I think I'll just let myself sink into it. Oblivion. smiley - shrug

Oblivion

Post 20

No! Don't sink! You'll never get out of the it!smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post