This is the Message Centre for Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

Boxes

Post 1

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

Full of computer bits, they're all sat downstairs. I had a quick check through them yesterday and was fairly suprised at the weight of some of them. Motherboard was far heavier than I thought it would be. And the box the PSU came in was huge. And the graphics card box had a big sword printed on itsmiley - cool

I've been playing with the monitor this afternoon. Very cool and shiny. Runs at a rubbish resolution on my laptop but that won't be an issue with new computer. At the moment its tucked safely away in its box.

I'm glad I went for the better case as well and the HD monitor.

Thanks to Ictoan for helping me order it.smiley - biggrin

Boxes

Post 2

IctoanAWEWawi

That's ok, but I prefer a cheque to thanks smiley - winkeye

So it is all there then?
Weather permitting you should be able to build it soon! You got your anti static wrist strap yet?

Boxes

Post 3

Yep it's all there.Although it was intriguing trying to get it all to fit back into the box after checking it. I dunno how they did it the first time.smiley - winkeye

I've not got the anti-static strap yet. I'll check prices tomorrow and get it then or on Friday. Depends how organised I am.smiley - winkeye

Are you heavily snowed in or have you missed most of the snow. I keep hoping for days of school but it's not happened yet. Wish I still went to my old schoolsmiley - winkeye

Boxes

Post 4

IctoanAWEWawi

"I keep hoping for days of school but it's not happened yet"

Ah, the difference one letter can make...

We've got about an inch of snow at home and about 2inches in birmingham. No impact on trains I use so far (see what the ones home are like though!).

Boxes

Post 5

<>
I love preview, so much that hate to trouble it with my posts.smiley - whistle

We've got a fair bit of snow and I've been roped into a snowball fight.smiley - laughI'll give you an accurate measurement once we've had the snowball fight.

I hope I have tomorrow off, I'll mess around with my new monitor a bit more. And do some revision of coursesmiley - winkeye

Boxes

Post 6

IctoanAWEWawi

now, don't break it before you've even set the new 'puter up!

Boxes

Post 7

smiley - biggrinI wouldn't break it. It's too expensive to replace.smiley - winkeye

Downloading a demo of a RPG that looks quite good, if it turns out to be ok I may get the full version, just not at full price. Divinity 2, in case you're stuck at work and are getting boredsmiley - winkeye

Boxes

Post 8

myk

smiley - envysmiley - envysmiley - envysmiley - biggrin

smiley - laugh

we dont want mere words we want picssmiley - winkeye

Heysmiley - winkeye ites smiley - winkeye catching!smiley - winkeye

smiley - biggrin

I'm happy for you smiley - magicsmiley - coolsmiley - ok
Me next eh? smiley - winkeye

Boxes

Post 9

IctoanAWEWawi

not played div2 but I have played the original - Divine Divinity (or DivDiv as it was known!). The original was very big, quite difficult but also quite good. Very large range of equipment, a useful number of side quests and lots of orc mashing! Although to be honest I never finished it cos the levelling wasn't quite perfected so it was possible to end up in a big boss fight without actually being able to win it!
Worth a look though, let me know what you think of it.

Boxes

Post 10

I think you gave me divine Divinity. Never played it though. I think I was absorbed by Morrowind at the timesmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersmyk6629129

Boxes

Post 11

myk

smiley - ok Pingu sounds like your gonna have fun (*wonders:shall i change my name back since halloween is a distant blur?*smiley - shrugsmiley - winkeye )

Boxes

Post 12

btw Ictoan If you have no objections I shall get a cheque made out for you. Unless your happy to pay for my new 'pootersmiley - winkeye

I checked the Computer shops in town. They have anti-static straps for 7 quid

Boxes

Post 13

IctoanAWEWawi

see email on money things smiley - biggrin

It is worth getting the strap, even for 7 quid as they last and you'll no doubt use it when you build your next one, and the one after that, and...

Boxes

Post 14

smiley - ok

Looks like heavy snow for us tonight. Well if you believe the weather forecast at any ratesmiley - winkeye

I'll grab the anti-static strap tomorrow. Although they did only have 1 in stock, I hope it's still theresmiley - biggrin

Boxes

Post 15

Got the anti-static strap on friday, and I've been using the monitor hooked up to my laptop. Games look so much better. And I think I may now see the point of AAsmiley - smileyMy wallpaper looks better as well.

http://images17.fotki.com/v4/fileOZhV/a40c2/9/1530169/7856056/umblr_kpdg1dybnH1qzma0vo1_1280.jpg if you want to see wallpapersmiley - smiley

Boxes

Post 16

Just turned the monitor off Eco modesmiley - laugh My eyes, it#s too bright. And the little on light has gone from green (in eco mode) to blue/

Boxes

Post 17

IctoanAWEWawi

woo!

Boxes

Post 18

Little green/blue lights are cool!smiley - winkeye

Although the power cord is now being really annoying and unless it is exactly the right place will stop charging and kill my laptopsmiley - sigh

And I would just like to ask why you were imitating a train in that last postsmiley - whistle

Boxes

Post 19

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Psseeeeh ta cough

IVOR! Stop being so noisy

My laptop is working quite nicely, but then i haven't asked it to do anything except play me music.

Boxes

Post 20

myk

smiley - laugh
Ivooour!?smiley - smiley

Great wallpapersmiley - tongueout

Key: Complain about this post