This is the Message Centre for Athon Solo

Exams!

Post 1

Athon Solo

Hi,

Just want to rant about the exams I've got coming up. In Computing yesterday my class put their heads together and came up with an excellent alteration to the existing system that makes it much fairer. Basically, the teacher's take the exams as well, and then all the pupils are benchmarked against their teachers, getting an A* if they do better, an A if they do bout the same, and so on from there. This way the system accounts for crap teachers. In theory, the Teachers should generally have an advantage over the pupils because they have usually been teaching the course for several years, so the knowledge should be ingrained into them.

Anyway, I thin exams are possibly the least fair way of examining people anyway. Since when, in the majority of jobs, have you had to recall 2 years worth of solid work in the space of 2 hours with, at best, only minimal resources such as formulae?

In my opinion, the hwole education system qneeds to be reviewed, especially with the fast growth in the Western world of techniques such as PhotoReading and meditation (see
[URL removed by moderator]
for some good info & links on this stuff). Since I started practicing meditation and photoreading a couple of months ago, I believe that my memory and past paper results have dramatically improved. I believe that all pupils should be taught about these systems early in Primary school as I believe that everyone would benefit.

Another rant I have is University fees - it is a stupid system where to get a decent job you have to start your real life £15,000 in debt. That's the reson I'm voting Lib Dem in the upcoming national election!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Athon Solo

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more