This is the Message Centre for Jynnan Tonnyx (-2+7-9+0!+invtan(1) =42)

Hooray!

Post 1

Jynnan Tonnyx (-2+7-9+0!+invtan(1) =42)

So I've been playing around with this ADSL thing for about a week and a half. The changeover was relatively painless, and even gave me a handy excuse to insist on at least a half day off work (one of those was long overdue!) Wonder of wonders, I managed to get the entire day off, how amazing is that? (very amazing, considering the project so far!)

For the first week or so, I felt that the speed wasn't quite up to snuff, with a downstream speed varying from anything between 76Kbps (kiloBITS per second... yes, really!) up to a maximum of about 330Kbps. I was expecting something more around 430+Kbps, so I was a bit worried. The maximum dowsnload speed was around 39KBps (yeah, kiloBYTES per second, this whole thing can appear a bit confusing! Try not to panic!)

Anyway, things are much better now, and I'm consistently downloading stuff at around 55KBps, give or take a couple of KB, which is much better. Online gaming is absolutely blazing now too... I can see myself wasting, er, I mean losing a lot of time at that in the future!!

If only I could work out why my father is getting disconnected so often... still, his connection is better than it was at the start too, when he couldn't connect at all!

Teething troubles... smiley - smiley

Merry Christmas!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jynnan Tonnyx (-2+7-9+0!+invtan(1) =42)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more