This is the Message Centre for Arpeggio - Keeper, Muse, Against Sequiturs, à propos of nothing in particular

Willkommen Bienvenue Welcome...

Post 81

MindMelt

Just popped in to say hi !

I stepped back from this conversation for two reasons:

1) Due to work and long days - I was getting really tired, and getting sleep was more important to me. The brain gets really fuddled when I am over tired. I have a slow thinking process at the best of times and if I try to think fast, I find it extremely tiring.

2) I started analysing your last post and this is something I wanted to avoid, so stepping back seemed the easy option.

Yes you were correct on your impression where I thought only one of you is alert and aware of External Reality at any given time. This is not your fault but a re-conceived idea. Thanks for putting me straight smiley - smiley. Also thank you for popping over to my other ego. I am glad you did not take offense when I came clean. It was a pleasant surprise. smiley - biggrin

Well, I will have to sign off now and get on with some work
Happy Postings
MM

Willkommen Bienvenue Welcome...

Post 82

Arpeggio - Keeper, Muse, Against Sequiturs, à propos of nothing in particular

MM,

Nice of you to pop in and say hi. HIsmiley - smiley!

Why would we have a problem with someone telling the truth? Especially when given certain written quirks, we had already deduced as much...smiley - winkeye

Maybe it's a function of our intense hypervigilance, but we do not miss much. We read you and thought... this sounds so much like... and double checked and there it was. smiley - winkeye

Gotta go too, thank you for not analysing the post at us. If you can summarise your perceptions in non-analytical, non-Freudian jargon, we would be interested in hearing your opinion.

Ta!

Kassandra, for LeKZ

Don't Tell Mama, Whatever You Do...

Post 83

7rob7: Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)

If any of you saw 'Caberet' when some of you were 11, then none of you is anywhere near middle-age. Don't let me catch you pulling that again.

I've gleaned enough of the gist of your 'debut' to appreciate your reaction. Arbitrary authority figures - especially self-appointed ones - are a particular 'bete noir' of mine.
[I'm the oldest of four children of drunks.]

You have taken a great deal of your time to make me feel welcome here [I will take more time to go over everybody's posts over at 'Designer Pizza' and get back to you all re: that over there], and I would give some of it back if you could use it. Having been the mommy and daddy in most situations for the past forty years, I have some small skill at listening good. Gooder, even. Gollydarnit, I listen goodest!

I am such a f*****g co-dependant, care-giving people-pleaser that I'm probably a natural ACE. Frightening. Depressingly frightening.

Talk to you somewhee. [Cool! Now there's a typo I will leave on purpose...]

-7rob7

Post 84

Hey 7rob7,

Aww, the body is gonna be 40 come October... doesn't that count? Or does the definition of 'middle-aged' keep moving upward?smiley - biggrin

At the Musehome page, we listed, (though we may have erased as too silly) Muse of Pathological Rescuers as one possiblity. We couldn't make up our mind, as there were some *strong* disagreements. We'll be happy with whichever one the Muses pick. We all rather like Bobby's suggestion of Muse of People Who Are Not Lisa. smiley - biggrin

It is really sweet of you to drop in. Kassandra has been in Momma-mode, (you probably have the Sign, too -- the one that hangs over your head, and says to everyone 'Tell Me Your Troubles; Let Me Help' -dashed if it isn't visible over a modem! Go fig...) and after the way the ten days preceding that lengthy and agonised Regrets, Misunderstandings, Wishes journal entry went, she homed right in on you as: strong personality, not 20-something, not earnest-and-puppylike in eagerness to please, doesn't care for arbitrary or tyrannical Rules smiley - yikes. He could make the same silly-arse mistake we made...smiley - erm So she and I, Arpeggio, (with a little help from Marilyn and Auntie) decided we were going to do our best imitation of a welcoming committee. Was that convincing? Never actually *saw* a cheerleader in person, in uniform, until the body was 22. Scary.

We've never done that before. We've been a bouncer. We've been a fxxxing terrorist, spy, assassin, and combat medic, but we have *never* tried the 'outgoing and friendly' thing. Good thing you turned out to be the person we thought must have written that, or we'd *still* have scared you.... smiley - blue We're hoping to live another 40 years in which we may, if we try hard, learn the Tact Thing. Okay, so maybe 60 years. smiley - winkeye

Glad we made you laugh, and helped you feel at home. Lucinda (AKA MyRedDice) is a Scout who decided to make Keeping LeKZ a personal project. We almost slipped, but s/he (there's some ambiguity) managed to catch us as we dripped through the cracks in the floor. And a few other people decided to be smiley - angels, for no apparent reason. We must be turning into a frightful mook, because we were so touched, we hung in there, just because some people were nice to us on purpose. smiley - wow

smiley - bigeyesWe're not very used to people being *nice* to us, so we returned it in kind. Shee -- they should have tried the *nice* approach the first time. It makes us wonder, though, about other frictions we've had in other groups, and what/how much of it is us, and all that navel-gazing, lint-gathering stuff.

Theatre was our lifeline. It was fun. We didn't have to try to be whoever the hell *us* was, which was a nihilistic Punker, but under that spiky surface there was jagged discontinuity and a deep, burning desire to drop acid and drop out of Reality for a couple of decades. Theatre kept us away from The Home. We did as many shows as possible at one time in school, so the rehearsals would be an excuse not to go to The Home. Theatre attracts misfits and oddballs, and tends to be a less judgmental atmosphere (if disgustingly competetive) than most other crowds. We stuck with it through college, and then moved to Cattle Country. There was a shock!

We did not anticipate some of what went down here at h2g2 at all. This was Douglas Adams' vision, and it turned out to be... at first fabulous, and equally suddenly, Barton and we were the witch, and the community rallied round the flames with marshmallows on sticks. Then, just like British politics, it was the other extreme. We're going to keep things here. THIS is fun.

We really enjoyed your home 'space'. Quite the decorator, you. We were amused/intrigued/impressed, and we are not, on the whole. But that's why we jumped on your article: LOOK, Muffy, a SMART person! Let's KEEP it. smiley - silly So, we're glad you are here. So, we told you, after *making* Auntie detach the chip from her shoulder pad.

Have fun, and drop by any time. Both the thread called Only Doing this Because, and the one called LLARMAS (by a dear dyslexic Irish teenager) are places for *random*. We've found, people at sites like this often have interesting randomnesses going by. (Kind of like the vacuum-cleaner in college, when we were on acid, and someone 'normal' saw us in the hall, and asked 'Have you seen a vacuum- cleaner?' All we could do was point to the air and say 'There goes one now').

If we need an ear to bend, we'll remember. You do the same, all right? Eldest of four ACOA... uugglee. smiley - sadface

Not middle-aged, huh? Do you remember Phil Ochs? We do smiley - winkeye. We may have been chronologically challenged, but when Columbia was burning back in Fall '68, and the Days of Rage were in full-fly, the *best* reason the parents could give, for why we were NO, NOT going to the demos was that we were seven? What kind of lame-arse reason is that? I ask you....

It is time for this tired body to do its nightly ritual of acting like we are going to sleep, and maybe even doing so, until the 0327 nightmare wakes us up. It's one of those mp weird things. We've woken from a nightmare at precisely 0327 something like 8 nights in a row. (Except for the night David's ex called at 0230, to say their 20 year old had been busted for felony ecstasy possession... but then, D sold 25 *pounds* of pot to a cop back in '75, and Donna did something similarly clever, so they are very *relaxed*. Our generaton [boomers in general] are in no position to moralise.)

G'night. It's 0140 here and I am not sleepy, but you know how your eyes get like boiled onions after you've been online too long...? smiley - online2long

Ciao, you're a keeper. Just have to tell AGB what you plan to Keep.

Arpeggio (with much nudzhing, suggestions, cutting in the way and general interference from a lot of these people) who are LeKZ

Gosh, did yous see that? He didn't even bat an eye at the mp. smiley - cool

Post 85

7rob7: Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)

Mp? Why should I care if you have Military Police or Mouldy Porridge in your sordid pasts?

I put up another entry this afternoonat . Might be a chuckle or two there. Still of the mind that keeping the Designer Pizza as is and Unedited is the best suggestion. Do want still to go over everyone's notes when I have time, but the more I learn the more that decision feels right. [There I go feeling again - no wonder I've always flunked those "Understanding Men" quizzes in Cosmo...]

Is it ok if I print out your "Declining English" for reference [and to finish reading it]? Please don't decline. I may want to 'borrow' your intro-to-the-editor sometime, too. Did you cover one of my little peeves - turning nouns into verbs because we're too lazy to create a new word when we need one? Just checking.

I routinely designed 8-12 shows a year concurrent with holding down full-time employment. Right up until the MI. So I also have used the too-many-shows-routine to hide in. There is a great deal of similarity between people in the arts, the arts, and chaos theory. Possible entry, hmmm? I am either taking it easier now, or in a place where it's harder to find work.

There is something one or the others of you could possibly advise me on, but I want to word it carefully and will probably post it elsewhere [elsewhee...]

Would you like a seitan steak to go with those boiled onions?

Later, when it will be later than now.

-7rob7 - who seems possibly to be both Muse and Keeper both...

Post 86

7rob7~

By all means, since it is part of the Edited Guide and available to the internet public for perusal and printing at their pleasure, go ahead and print out Declining English. If you use my beg letter verbatim, just note it was used by permission. Otherwise, paraphrase.

I tried to keep the focus really, really narrow smiley - online2long to prevent the article from having to come out in five volumes, so I merely mentioned the notoriety of English for its ability to verb almost any noun. It wasn't specially relevant to any discussion of pronoun declensions, and is a whole article by itself. So write it...smiley - smiley Then give it to Il Viaggatore for his University Project on English Grammar.

Will look for you elsewhee. smiley - star

Ciao,

Arpeggio, who lucked into a GOOD, unthreatened sub-ed this time and boy is she relieved... for LeKZ
(I skulked around saying 'just call me Cordwayner Byrd' for two days because a recipe was re-written, and grammatical, spelling, and factual errors *introduced* by a sub. They are volunteers, and they are human. We just have to make decisions about exactly what we really *want* to go into the Edited Guide. Your Theatre...Pizza needs to stay out. We agree. ~A/L)

Post 87

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Morning, all! smiley - biggrin

How goes life? I'm glad to see that 7rob7 has joined in over here. smiley - hug Fellow cat lovers are always welcome everywhere.

I'm sorry to hear about your nightmares, LeKZ. What a horrible thing. Nobody should have to deal with that. I find sometimes that talking about nightmares makes them go away - or at least gives me the illusion of control. If you want to talk about them, please do. *big smiley - hug* (We really do need more smilies, don't we? smiley - winkeye)

I also wanted to let you know that the cheesecake ice cream was absolutely delish! smiley - bigeyes I can't wait until I have a real kitchen in which to make it. smiley - winkeye

Well, the phone beckons me back to work. I'll type again soon - here or in another thread.

G7

Post 88

Hi Gw7en,

Yah. The nightmares. smiley - shrug There it is. Wish everything that had happened had not happened exactly as it did happen, but it can't be undone.

Too smiley - ill to think any more. Have to get offline and need to just cover the important threads with notes.

smiley - hugsmiley - kiss Thanks Gwen.

Arpeggio, for a very not-well persons called LeKZ

Post 89

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I'm sorry that you're sick. smiley - hug Lots of bedrest and broth for you, my dears. Feel better soon. smiley - smiley

G7

Key: Complain about this post